Our Palm Springs Trip Recap + Favorite Shoes

Last week I went to Palm Springs, CA with my mom for a couple days. Being stuck in the snow for 4 months will make you go a little crazy, so a couple weeks ago when the polar vortex hit Michigan, I called my mom in CA, who was also experiencing gloomy weather, and we planned a short girls trip. It was JUST what we needed! We had the best time.

The trip started out with some bumps in the road because my mom's morning flight from San Francisco to PS got canceled due to weather (high wind in SF). We were originally supposed to get in around the same time that morning so we had the whole day together, but she didn't get in until 5pm that night. It turned out to be okay...I just laid by the pool that day after getting the rental car, then went to pick her back up and we headed to dinner at the hotel.

We stayed at the Marriott and it was SO lovely! This was the view off our balcony.


This was our view for most of the trip, considering we spent it mostly at the pool ;)

The first morning there, we headed to the downtown area of Palm Springs. The old tile work and architecture is so pretty.

 My friend Danielle recommended the restaurant called Farm, and I totally trust her taste in food AND decor, so we went. Not surprisingly, it was amazing and we can't recommend it enough!! We sat outside on the patio, but inside the floor was so cool. I would love this for a laundry room floor.

Our food was unbelievably good! We got the veggie omelette and the strawberry Nutella crepe, so we had a bit of savory and sweet. Both were incredible! The restaurant was just so quaint and perfectly designed. Every table setting had a unique glass colored goblet (basically, the way to my heart ha!) and fresh flowers.



 If you go, you have to try the grapefruit and / or watermelon mimosa. They were both delicious!

I wore this jumpsuit that I got for the trip and LOVED it! Size down, if you try it. It's such a perfect summer / warm-weather piece since it's so light weight.

I found this single rose climbing the fence and thought it was so beautiful!

This bougainvillea had me completely in love.

My cute mom!


It was so sunny, so not the best picture, but I wanted to show you the restaurant patio.

The other mornings, we just walked to the hotel Starbucks and got a berry smoothie and took it on our morning walk. It was perfect!


 This was also a frequent view of mine...the tops of palm trees from down below as I soaked in all the vitamin D I was missing! ;)

That night we got ready and went to downtown El Paseo, which is a super cute shopping and eating area. We went to Ristorante Mamma Gina for Italian food and it was so yummy! Highly recommend.

This is what we wore that night:
top (I bought this I loved it so much!) / pants / similar shoes 

 mom's jumpsuit / sweater cardi (tons of colors) / booties in rose


My mom's new booties got me on a shoe kick! I spent a little time browsing shoes and thought I'd share my faves with you:





The last full day we were there, we laid by the pool (clearly, that was the point of our trip!) We relied on this sunscreen which is totally safe, to keep us from getting sunburned. I forgot about the hint of citrus it has-- smells so good!

We went out to dinner in El Paseo again the last night and this time we went to the Tommy Bahama restaurant. It was delicious and reminded us of our favorite place, Hawaii!

 Our last morning there we went for another walk around the massive hotel and golf course property, then we sat by the pool before getting ready for the airport. This is the day I started feeling the sniffles and a sore throat (which has since turned into a full blown cold:( ) The skies were so beautiful, we didn't want to leave! Look at those mountain tops, too! I love the snow...from afar ;)

We didn't get to hike on this trip because most of the trails were closed due to excessive rain they got the previous weeks. We were bummed about this! But the goal of the trip was to get some sunshine, so MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. 

Hopefully if you're planning a trip, these couple restaurant recs will help! 

xoxo

interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top