Our Bedroom Design Plan

I'm so excited to finally be finishing off our bedroom! It was on the list for last year, but #2020. So we're doing it in the first part of the new year and I'm thrilled. Our bedroom is TINY. We only have room for a queen bed (much to our frustration, as we'd both love a king!), only my clothes fit in the closet (my husband's clothes are in the office closet) and for some weird reason, our bedroom is also the coldest room in the house. These are all things we would like to remedy in a future house, but for now we're working with what we have! We're just grateful to have 3 bedrooms, so it's all good :)




We love our bedding so are keeping that, along with our dresser, headboard, framed wedding vows above the bed and our bedside lamps. We're switching out our rug to one with more charcoals and slate blues to go with our headboard, nightstands (we'll finally have matching ones!!), and adding art on the opposite wall as the bed. I'm really excited about this part of the design! My friend Ashley took gorgeous photos of the city we were married in while she was out for our wedding (in 2016) and we are getting 4 of my favorite shots framed. The photos are 11x14's and the frames are 16x20's so they'll have a generous matting. The frames are from Framed & Matted.

Here's a shot of the other side of the room. The dresser isn't my favorite, but we're going to save the money and keep it for now! I may end up spray painting the handles brass/gold to match the mirror.


THE DESIGN PLAN:
Since I love a good visual, I made this mood board to show you (and my husband) the vision!


duvet (sold out, but this one is similar) / sheets / white euro shams / accent lumbar pillow (sold out, this one is similar) / rug / nightstands / lamps / mirror / frames - "brompton" / olive tree / light fixture (this one is similar for less) 

I had seen the nightstands on Wayfair, but did a quick google search and found them nearly $50 cheaper on Overstock! I am thankful to have found some really pretty pieces that look a lot more high-end than they actually cost ;)

We got our new rug in a couple days ago and it's amazing how much it's transformed the room already! I will share with you on my instagram stories today. Stay tuned for the final reveal!

Happy Monday!
xoxo



interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top