Thanksgiving is a wonderful day for so many reasons. The food is yummy, but the family and relationships are even richer. No matter how big or small, we are surrounded by blessings every single day. Although we shouldn't need a day set aside to remember to give thanks for the gifts God has given us, it sure is nice to have it.
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. ~ Psalm 28:7
There are so many things I'm thankful for, but here are just a few:
- A God who is wondrously powerful and merciful, and provides us with our every need-- even if we don't understand the ways in which He provides.
- My family, who love me from afar.
- My boyfriend, who encourages me in all my creative endeavors and makes me laugh.
- My best friend, who I get to do business with and share life with.
- A little home (apartment), all my own here in Michigan.
- Sweet friendships, some even formed from this blog!
- I get to do what I love on a daily basis, and that is such a gift.
- Our crazy pup, Hope.
- The best brother a girl could ask for. I've been blessed with a younger brother who I often look up to.
- Warm socks. But seriously. And big coats!
- A wonderful church here in Michigan. And the new friends that came along with it.
- Chocolate. Mostly chocolate chip cookies.
- Heated seats in my car :)
- The fact that winter and snow means watching lots of movies.
- We serve a faithful God who gives good gifts and loves us, even though we don't deserve it. That is truly the best, most gracious gift I could imagine.
What are you thankful for?!
Enjoy your day, friends! I am certainly thankful for each of you!