Do you ever get in a creative dates rut?! I might be able to help!
I've had some emails over the last few months from people asking about my dating life, how it has been going since moving across the country to live near my boyfriend, what types of dates we go on, etc. I love these questions so much! Today I'm showing you the Date Jar that McCann and I just made last week, as a way to have fun and surprise each other with dates.
We call it the Date Jar, because well, it's a jar and it's full of creative date ideas thought of by the two of us. The catch? I don't know the ideas McCann wrote down and he doesn't know the ideas I wrote down. We can't wait to draw a piece of paper from the jar and read to find out what we'll be doing that week for our date!
What a ham...
I'm not exactly sure what McCann wrote on his cards and I can't tell you what I wrote on mine specifically, or he will see them and our dates won't be a surprise! BUT, here are some general ideas for you...
15 Fun Date Ideas:
- Go to breakfast at a new or old favorite spot.
- Spend the afternoon at a new coffee shop and order new drinks
- Take a road trip for the day to a new city (or one of your favorites)
- In the winter, go ice skating (okay, this was one that I wrote on one of my date cards!)
- Go to a fun restaurant in a down town area near you and order something you wouldn't normally get
- Go Bowling
- Learn a two-person card game and play it at home or in a cool coffee shop
- Volunteer together
- Go to a pottery place and paint something together (then the shop fires it and you get to keep it in your house!)
- Make your own wine tasting night by buying a few wine bottles and trying a few sips of each (like a make-your-flight-of-wine!)
- Go to the park to have a picnic and play on the kid equipment. (We did this last fall and it was SO fun!)
- Take a hike to a new view
- Make a bonfire and cook up some smores! (Or do it over the stove top!)
- In the fall, go to an apple orchard, pick out pumpkins together and stuff your face we donuts. Yum!
- Find some fun questions online and ask them to each other over coffee or wine. This is a fun way to get to know each other more and have the chance to be silly!
I'll have to let you know how the first week of our date jar goes this week. I can't wait to see what we pick out of there!
So, tell me, what are a few of the most creative and fun dates you've been on?! Maybe I'll add them to our Date Jar :)