Client Progress: Serene Family Room


One of my duties as a designer is to help my family in updating their home. After completing the living room / dining room last year, it was on to the family room! Here are the items on the to-do list:

- New sofa
- New window treatments and molding around windows
- New custom pillows
- New coffee table
- New end tables
- New occasional chair
- Ottoman for side chair
- Plant for corner
- Art for above sofa
- Fill in weird fireplace in the brick
- New rug

We recently got a new sectional sofa for the family room from my favorite design store in the Bay Area, Traditionally Derby. Out with the old, dark green sectional and in with the new, classic, neutral, clean-lined, and more updated sectional. The lighter color of the sofa makes the room feel so much bigger and more airy already. Investing in a neutral foundation piece for your space is one of the most important things you can do for your current and future rooms. If my parents do move, they will most likely be able to fit this sectional in a new home, because it's neutral enough to go anywhere.

We're currently awaiting the arrival of the occasional chair! It's going to be upholstered in this beautiful blue poppy fabric (top left fabric on the inspiration board). On it will sit a solid, ivory lumbar pillow. I think we've finally decided on a palette for the rest of the room. We want it to be bright, airy, and my mom has requested it to feel serene, like the ocean. I've found many seaglass, sky blue and navy hued fabrics that will be options for the pillows. Samples are ordered and final choices will be decided on in a few weeks I'm home for a visit. I can't wait to see it come together.

Here's a peek at the new couch:


I can't wait for the rug to arrive this week and see how it looks in the space. Always fun to see rooms coming together!

Happy Wednesday!
xoxo


Photobucket

1 comment

  1. I love the patterns and colors that you chose! That new couch is great, and can easily be used if the family's style changes later!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top