Client Kitchen Reveal


Thanks for all your kind comments last week on the client living room I posted. It was such a joy to work with the homeowners on their house! Today I'm sharing the kitchen reveal, which again has a crazy before and after. This particular client hired me before any work was done, but after she had already pinned and dreamed up her dream kitchen, so it was fun to help her bring the vision to life. Like I mentioned last week, this client of mine is one of my favorites and has a special place in my heart. Not only is she extremely kind and warm, she's also very creative, stylish and knows what she likes. I love working with people like her! 

She had been dreaming of a clean, bright, white kitchen but with some contrast in the island. I love how it came together. Like me, the homeowners loved the idea of mixing metals, so we pulled in tones of gold and silver (and copper, in that pretty pot below!) I also love that we decided on the classic shape of the subway tile, but spiced it up with a color other than white. Other major changes are seen in the larger kitchen sink window, cabinets to the ceiling (which makes the ceilings looks SO much taller!), flooring throughout, the gorgeous island, beautiful quartz countertops, lighting and well...everything else ;) 

Take a look at the BEFORE below:



This is the story of a basic builder home that was loved on for years by a family of 7 and taken care of by one amazing mom. My sweet, deserving client finally got her dream kitchen and I couldn't be more happy for her and her family! 

Here's the AFTER:


I still remember finding this tile in the showroom and looking at each other, knowing it was the one! It has such a pretty glaze finish and adds the right amount of contrast between the backsplash and the creamy white cabinets. 

Unfortunately, this greige backsplash tile is no longer made, but it was from Virginia Tile. You can find something similar by searching for "greige handmade subway tile".

\


My client decided on the arch hood and I couldn't love it more. I suggested we echo that arch by creating a focal wall behind the stove with some marble tile. We both agreed this was such a show stopper in the design!



We made sure the colors in the marble pulled out other tones from the kitchen. Lots of the creamy gold tones are also found in the quartz countertop to pull it all together.


The island is a rich walnut finish, accented with unique gold and mother of pearl knobs. This walnut color was begging to be paired with a warm gold tone.




Paint: Revere Pewter / Cabinets: Starlite (white: Fieldstone, walnut: Mouser) / Countertops: Viatera Soprano Quartz / Pendants / Gold Mother of Pearl Knobs / Copper Pot / Similar Counter Stool
Hope you enjoyed the kitchen reveal and tour!
xoxo
interior design website / services / portfolio

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous! It hardly seems like it could be found in the same home. LOVE all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous makeover! I love that marble behind the stove). This is a random question, but I've been looking or a small white ceramic tray like the one you have holding the kitchen soap. I haven't been able to find one of that size, so wondering where you got it (or where your client got it)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful kitchen! I love that backsplash tile soooo much! I love how you chose the walnut stain for the island and the dinning room table, what a clever way to tie the rooms together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michaela, such a beautiful remodel. I just redid my kitchen and it's uncannily similar. My countertops are also Viatera Soprano. I'm stuck for the backsplash and wondering if you would tell me the name of the subway tile, as well as the marble behind the stove? I would be forever grateful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top