I turn 23 today. Twenty. Three. Wow! Where has the time gone?! I know I probably say that every year, but I really, really can't believe this year is here already. This last year has been one that I will always remember. Today I thought I would just share a few things I learned just in this past year.
- Moving to Los Angeles to finish college taught me a lot about myself, the world we live in and how important it is to stay humble. I came across so many people trying to make a name for themselves in that city, and their character/personalities got ugly...quick. I always want to be kind-hearted, humble and glorifying to God in my work and personal life.
- Don't be afraid to ask for opportunities. This is what happened to me when I did that, and it was my favorite day ever.
- Never settle. In relationships, friendships, business, or anything.
- Graduating college is a big deal. Anxiety attacks are normal.
- I worry about little things a lot more than I care to admit. Worrying is born out of fear, but I don't need to fear, because God has everything in the palm of His hands. I'm still working on this one :) Isaiah 41:10
- Starting your own business at 22 is totally possible. Always push yourself, keep learning and strive to be the best you can be at your craft.
- Staying in touch with friends who live across the country gets harder every year, but it's really important to me.
- God has gifted each and every person with a unique gift. Encouraging others to pursue their gift and passion fuels my soul.
- Social media is great, but I need to create boundaries! No one should be social 24/7.
- Connect with like-minded women and/or men in your industry. This one, this one, and this one have been so, so good to me.
- I discovered the show Nashville. Possibly my favorite show ever.
- God is good and always faithful. His timing is impeccable.
What have you learned this year?
I'm off to enjoy the day with my mom then go to a family dinner and eat my favorite cupcakes for dessert. Happy birthday to me :)
PS. Don't forget to join in on my November Instagram Challenge! Today is the first day and the prompt is to post a picture of your favorite room in your house. Use #joyfilledhomechallenge so I can see it!