Apartment Happenings: New Sofa & Dining Table

I haven't shown you any apartment updates lately, because...well, there hasn't been any really. A lot of things are in the works, but nothing to show for the plans quite yet.

When I first moved to Michigan and got this apartment, I was so scared I wasn't going to have any furniture for a long time, that I made one big furniture mistake. This is something I caution clients against doing, and here I am doing it myself. How could I?! I bought a sofa for my living without much thought. I knew it was cute, it would fit and I needed somewhere to sit, so I bought it after 5 minutes of being in the store. When it was delivered a few days later, I LOVED the look of it. My 6'3" boyfriend came over to watch a movie that night and OH MY GOSH, he barely fits on the sofa. I think it shrunk somewhere between purchasing it in the showroom to arriving at my place ;) 

Seeing us BOTH on the couch is a joke, really. Although super cute and perfect for the living room space, it's not functional being the only couch to sit on if I have more people over. {It's like I wasn't even thinking when I bought it...} I started experiencing buyers remorse but didn't do anything about it for a few months {second mistake!} until my boyfriend starting joking with me (probably not really a joke!) that he is going to walk through my apartment doors with a la-Z-boy any day now. That just.can't.happen. Am I right, friends?!

Enter Michaela frantically searching for a new sofa to accommodate her tall boyfriend. After a while of looking, I settled on this Pottery Barn sectional. It's from the Cameron line of furniture, and I was drawn to it because it's the perfect size (88" long, as opposed to my 65" long current sofa) and it has a chaise with reversible left-right arm positioning! (So versatile!) This is me singing from the roof tops!!! Everyone will be nice and comfy now. I got it in this textured linen cotton fabric in the oatmeal color and I think it's going to be perfect for the space. My gold side table from Lulu & Georgia is large enough to be a coffee table, so I'll just scoot that right over to the middle of the sofa. Clearly I'm excited :)
pottery barn sectional, pottery barn, sofa, couch, sectional, chaise, decorating
If you're still with me here, I wanted to tell you I'm very close to getting my dining table. I found a guy who makes tables out of reclaimed wood, so I will finally be getting my dream farm table. It's going to be 36" round (small, but perfect for my tiny dining space!) I can't wait to kick this folding table to the curb ;) Here's what the table will look like (more or less...sorry for the awful screenshot quality)

I'm thinking of going for some sort of upholstered dining chair. Here are some of my favorite options:

1. 55 Downing Street Natural Linen Tufted Chairs
dining chairs, dining room, upholstered chair

2. 55 Downing Street Linen Tufted Chairs (just a touch darker and with lighter wood legs!)
dining chairs, dining room, upholstered chair

dining chairs, dining room, upholstered chair, target
4. I've always loved these from Pottery Barn, but don't quite have the budget!
dining chairs, dining room, upholstered chair, pottery barn, nail head trim

dining chairs, dining room, upholstered chair

Which do you like best? Thanks for listening to my apartment rant :) Needless to say, I'm selling my current couch (more like a love seat I guess.) It's so cute, lined with nailhead trim and great for a small space. Email me if you'd like more info and you're in the West Michigan area.

Happy Wednesday! 
xoxo

Photobucket
interior design website / services / portfolio

PS. BIG savings at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale are still going! Only 2 more days to shop! 

11 comments

  1. I love a good tufted chair, myself ;) I can't wait to see all of your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to purchase those world market chairs in a different color for our dining area! :) But I think for you the tufted ones will look best with that table... love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have to take into account that my hubby is over 6 foot too when purchasing furniture! LOL Love the sectional you picked out. And, the tufted chairs are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I was closer I would totally take that sofa off your hands! I'm looking for that exact type for my apartment at grad school, but unfortunately my budget is the definition of shoe string. And I agree with Victoria! The tufted chairs compliment the table so well. I love the ones from World Market but not for a round table. Too many circles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the exact chairs in the first photo in my Dining Room, they're very comfy! I added some nailhead trim around the bottom and it really made them look more high-end. Such a quick and easy upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything tufted! The target chairs are my favorite ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still on the hunt for a couch! I love the dining room table that you have, it looks really similar to the one that my papaw made for our family probably 55 years ago! Aren't pieces like that the best?!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those fabric dining chairs they are elegent and classy. Cant wait to see what you pick, must be so exciting setting up your new place :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL okay girl, we so need to see a picture of the two of you on that couch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Job-Shack mission is to provide our users easy access to relevant business information that answers questions and solves problems including in-depth information on thousands of construction projects across the U.S.
    Compliance Audits

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sista from another mother!! We bought the PB comfort chaise lounge couch last month and its finalllllly supposed to be delivered tomorrow, wooo! I was chuckling all over again reading about McCann being too long. Same story for me too. Cannot wait to finally for the first time in our marriage have a couch that we can both snuggle on comfortably. Hope you're doing great my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top