The Short List 1


Hi friends! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. We had so much fun on date night this Saturday night at a Murder Mystery dinner. I can't wait to tell you all about it soon! Today is my first post in a new monthly series called The Short List. Here I'll be giving you the scoop on what we've been up to lately-- what we're reading, watching, eating, etc. Hope you like it!! If you want another topic covered in The Short List, just comment with it and I'll add it in next month!


What We're Watching: Hands-down our favorite show on right now is This Is Us. We just started it this month and watched the first 10 episodes in about 10 days. It is SO GOOD. And also, I cry nearly every episode...so touching! We also can't wait for Designated Survivor to come back in March.

As far as shows I watch by myself: Nashville and Project Runway (this season it's with little kids and I'm always blown away!!) Of course I also watch Fixer Upper :)

What I'm Loving: A few things!

1. Our ticket sales for The Bloom Workshop open TODAY! We're coming to Northern California, Traverse City, Chicago, Grand Rapids and Dallas! It's a really fun lineup and I'd love to meet you at an event or two.

2. TULIPS! I'm so glad that these blooms are available year round. Especially loving that they're $4.99 at Trader Joes!

3. I finally got around to buying gallery wall frames for our wedding photos! I can't wait for them to arrive and get them up on the wall. Thankfully we had gift cards to Pottery Barn, so we got these beautiful frames in the gilt color!

What I'm Wearing: It's cold here. Have I mentioned that lately?! ;) So I spend most of my days in leggings with sweaters. And honestly, sometimes pajamas. #noshame



I wear this sweater at least twice a week (it helps that I have both black and gray ;))


What We're Eating: I'm really trying to be a better cook for my husband! He's so nice, even when I burn chicken, he eats it. I shop mostly at Trader Joes because of the price point, the small scale of the store (I hate those big super stores!) and because they have really tasty food. If we're in a hurry, I love Trader Joes Orange Chicken. I make it with rice and broccoli. I also made chili and cornbread this month, along with cranberry chicken and rice recipe. One of my favorite meals to make and take to friends houses is flank steak tacos in the crockpot. So I made that for a friend who just had a baby! On New Years Day I made my mom's famous egg casserole...it was delicious.

If I'm being honest, cooking isn't my favorite; probably because I haven't mastered it and that bothers me! PLEASE share crockpot recipes with me!! Those are so easy and delicious.

What's on My Desk: This week I'm working on a baby boy nursery design + a modern/industrial home office. Here's a peek of that. We're currently deciding between a few comfy chair options for the corner of the room.

SOURCESL desk / leather swivel chair / small desk / chair / rug / everly / irving / tyler

Looking Forward to: I'm going home to California in a few weeks to dog sit our family golden retriever, Hope, while my parent's take off for a Hawaiian vacay. I can't wait to see her and be in some warmer weather!

What We're Reading: My husband and I have started reading at night together a few times a week and it's been really sweet. It's fun to be together doing the same thing, but reading different books and then sharing thoughts.

He's reading Speaking of Jesus and loves it. I'm reading How We Love and it's so interesting. It's one of the best marriage books I've read, because it gives you really great insight into why you might be how you are in your marriage, due to your childhood experiences.



That is what's on my short list this month. Comment answering some of the prompts below! I'd love to hear what you're up to as well :)

Happy Monday!
xoxo

Photobucket

9 comments

  1. Trader Joe's is my #1 fave too! And yes...This Is Us is the BEST! :)

    Xo,

    Megan at Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't love cooking when we first got married for the same reason, but I just kept making myself get in there and try new recipes. The crock pot definitely became my new best friend lol. Two of our absolute favorite crock pot recipes are:
    http://staycraftymyfriends.blogspot.com/2016/01/crockpot-sausage-tortelloni.html
    http://staycraftymyfriends.blogspot.com/2016/01/crockpot-beef-roast-dinner.html
    Don't let cooking stress you out too much, we all have to start somewhere! :)

    Have fun going back home to dog sit for your family and enjoy the warmer weather!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you watched Parenthood? It was my absolute favorite, and I can't bring myself to watch This Is Us because it was advertised as "the new Parenthood" haha! I only hear positive reviews so maybe I should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raven! YES I watched parenthood and LOVED it. So sad it is over. This isn't the new parenthood in that it's the same story line. I think people just mean it has the similar drama, real-life feel that Parenthood also had. It's truly an amazing show. Possibly even better than parenthood ;)

      Delete
  4. Crockpot recipes are my friend! We tried Kalua Pork in the crockpot and it was so good and a nice memory from our honeymoon. We made a small batch and ate it on sandwiches and for taco's. Mosr recipes seem similar so I would just Pinterest it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used this one and it was so good! You could also leave out the cabbage if you didn't want it; the flavor of the pork was so good!
      http://www.ilovehawaiianfoodrecipes.com/recipes/kalua-pig-cabbage/

      Delete
  5. One of my favorite crock pot recipes is chicken breasts and a diced onion, then cover with a jar of salsa (any good store bought will do). Then shred and use for tacos, taco salad, enchiladas, etc. I also save the leftover broth/juice and some of the chicken and use as a base for tortilla soup.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top