The Short List 6

Happy Monday! I'm back from Dallas, so back at the blog and work this week. I didn't intend to completely stop blogging last week, but time certainly got away from me while at the workshop I was teaching! If you didn't catch it, I shared our fall decor at our home last week

I love doing these Short List posts, it's a fun break from regular design and fashion posts around here. And I LOVE more than anything, hearing from you guys in the comments! 

What We're Watching: THIS IS US! Both of us love this one. If your husband doesn't watch this with you, you should force them ;) And when McCann watches football, I watch Gilmore Girls, which (astonishingly) I've never seen before and completely adore!


What I'm Loving: 

1. My mom, dad and brother are coming to visit during my birthday week in 2 weeks. I can't wait to have them all here at the same time! We're going to see Wicked, the guys will go to a Michigan football game and then my mom and I will do some shopping. We're definitely going to take them to our favorite restaurant, Donkey.


2. The Mason Jar Boutique & alllll the fall clothes!! They add new things to the shop every.single.day. And most of the pieces don't break the bank! You can use the code BLOOMING for $10 off $30 order. I just got this simple gray dress with elbow patches and it's great. It comes in 3 colors. It's super cozy, thick enough to wear without tights but will look cute with them in the winter as well.


3. These waterproof booties. I got them during the Nordstrom Sale a few months ago, but only wore them for the first time yesterday and I'm obsessed. I'd buy them again, even if they weren't on sale...they're that good! They are by far the most comfortable pair of booties I own and if you live in a wet / snowy climate like me, then these are LIFE in the fall and winter (and spring, really!) I ordered my regular size and they fit great.




What We're Eating: I was gone in Dallas last week, so I ate out every meal (not complaining!), so we got Blue Apron for my husband while I was gone, so he wouldn't have to do any grocery shopping. If you want to try it out, you can leave your email in a comment and I'll send you a free week of meals!


What's on My Desk: This week I'm slammed, in the best way, with catching up on client design work. Today I am going to 4 different locations with a client to finish up choosing all the materials for his new build home. This client is actually a local builder and I'm helping him design HIS new lake house. I'm also going to be working on a dining room project, family room design and finishing up the details for another new build. We're going to be designing the bathrooms this week, which I'm excited about!

This is the basic plan for a current family room project. I always start with the major pieces, then choose pillows, curtains, lamps, and other decor once the big pieces are decided on. I'll be sure to keep you posted on how this one turns out as it finishes up!



Looking Forward to: We added a Holiday workshop to our Bloom Workshop schedule! If you're local to Michigan, we'd love to have you on November 21st in downtown Grand Rapids for our 5 hour workshop. You'll take a floral arranging workshop where you'll get to create your Thanksgiving centerpiece, you'll take a calligraphy class and have the chance to make your holiday gift tags in beautiful lettering, you'll get to watch a holiday tablescape demo + get some inspiring tips to create your own at home, then you'll get to shop some local boutiques for holiday goods, gifts, and decor. We're SO excited about this workshop!!

If you are local and interested in coming, you can use my special discount code (because I'd love to meet you!!) MICHAELA15 for 15% off at checkout. You can get the full details here.



What We're Reading: We just ordered Mingling of Souls by Matt Chandler (one of our favorite pastors) and can't wait to dive in together when it arrives. 

What Lincoln is up to: Lincoln is doing so well these days! He's about 22lbs of complete fluff and a lot of his puppy behaviors are going away (PTL). He doesn't play bite anymore, rarely chews anything he's not supposed to and is a really good listener! Last week we taught him "go to your crate" and so now when we say it, he runs to his crate and gets a treat. Super helpful in trying to get out of the house quickly! He loves his little crate :) He's almost done teething, I think, because he's not chewing things as much and isn't whining when he's chewing a bone anymore. I'm so glad this is winding down, because it's just so sad. And I'm glad to have my hands back after a few weeks of them having constant scratches! The only issue we're having right now is that we think he's allergic to his dog food, so we're in the middle of switching the food to something else. His tummy has been upset the last week, so we're hoping it's the food and it'll go away!

Lincoln is going to stay with our breeder for a night in a few weeks, when we have a church retreat. He LOVES going back here because he gets to see his sister, Finley, and his dog mama. I love when he visits, because he comes home super tired! ;)
***

Alright, share a few of your answers below!

xoxo

interior design website / services / portfolio

5 comments

  1. Love the grey dress and booties - so cute for fall! That's so sweet that your pup gets to visit his sister and momma. <3 Have a great, productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pup had a few tummy issues when I first got her. I was overwhelmed by all the food options, but she's been on Pro Plan Savor shredded chicken & hasn't had any problems since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Us...SO GOOD!
    And Mingling of Souls is great! My husband and I intend to have our kids read at least the beginning when they get to a certain age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You talked about The Mason Jar Boutique on an earlier blog. I check them out and made a couple purchases. And I LOVE THEM! Thank you so much for the recommendation. Definitely will be shopping there many more times. Also thank you for the discount code!

    Silver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO glad you love them!! I do, too! Cutest and most unique clothes :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top