April Flowers For Your Home

I know, I know, it's MAY! But I picked up these flowers on Monday and realized I didn't do an April edition of Flowers for Your home. When I saw these open up, I was in shock. They are SO beautiful, I couldn't help but share!


These are a different variety of tulips and I'm sorry, but I don't know the name! They're not parrot tulips, I don't think. I got them at Trader Joe's for $7.99 and almost every single stem had MULTIPLE tulips on it! I've never seen tulips do this before. The first couple shots are from the first day I got them and the last picture is from yesterday, when they'd already opened a lot.

When you're a beginner at arranging flowers, it's always best to start by arranging ONE type of bloom per vase. A big bunch of tulips is the perfect place to start. A grouping of hydrangea is also a favorite of mine!






Look how opened up they are now! Did you know if your tulips start wilting you can throw a couple pennies in the vase and since they love the copper, they'll probably start standing up a little straighter. Though I do love the slight lean tulips do.


Have you bought any fresh flowers for your home lately? Or even better, have any flowers starting blooming in your yard or garden?!

xoxo


interior design website / services / portfolio

2 comments

  1. Hi! Longtime follower (love your style - design and clothing!), but have never commented until now! I also live in GR and saw in TJ's Fearless Flyer that they're called peony tulips :) Hoping to pick some up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet!! Thanks for commenting, Nicole! YES, they are peony tulips! I got told that a lot on Instagram and confirmed it with a quick google search. They were so beautiful. I hope you picked some up for yourself!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top