Tips for Shopping the 2019 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

Hi friends! Hope you had an amazing 4th of July weekend! Before I get to the point of this post-- shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale-- I have to share a couple pictures from our weekend! 

We went to the beach to visit McCann's grandparent's (they live on Lake Michigan!) It was a hot one, but being by the water was so refreshing. We watched fireworks, played some card games with them and grilled dinner. The rest of our weekend was spent working on our house projects, going to brunch with friends, taking the dog to the park and getting (way too much) ice cream!


I finally put up our gallery wall of wedding photos! I also found some knobs I had collected a while ago, so had my husband put them on a few of our builtins (not the living room ones, since I didn't have enough to do all 4 doors...but did have two so we did our other builtins in the hall and dining room). I also picked up this pretty lamp last week at HomeGoods. I just love it! It ties together a lot of the blue in my decor.

Okay, now for the main event of my post! July 12th is the start of the biggest shopping event of the year if you're a Nordstrom shopper, like me and my mom. This is the perfect sale to stock up on some pieces for fall. I know, it's 90 degrees out; you can't even fathom buying a coat...ha! I get it. But this is when all the best denim, bags, coats, boots and tops go on sale. I'm giving you a couple shopping tips below to be sure you get the most out of the sale, because it can be overwhelming.

1. Get Early Access to the Sale:

If you're not already, the best way to shop the sale is by becoming a member! I was hesitant about joining a couple years ago, because we only have one credit card and are adamant about paying it off each month. After looking into it, becoming a Nordy's Club member was a no brainer. I already shop at Nordstrom often and surely I can remember to login and pay my bill if it comes with so many perks! Becoming a member gets you 7 days early access to the Anniversary Sale, gets you a $60 Nordstrom Note (cash to spend at Nordstrom!) if you make a purchase on the first day of opening your card, and you earn 3 points per dollar to get you more Nordstrom Notes faster. Hooray!

If you don't want to be a cardholder, you can still become a member here, which will rack you up points, but you won't get early access to the sale without the card.

2. Check out the Catalogue Early:

Browse this look book before the sale starts July 12th so you can get an idea of what will be included!
3. Make a Game-Plan: 

Ask yourself what you need to stock up on for fall. Are there any specialty pieces you want to add to your wardrobe? Need a new winter coat or pair of jeans? Now, it's not just fall and winter items that will be on sale, so you can think about summer pieces as well like wedges, tops, etc. If you don't have a list, you will get overwhelmed and might even buy things you don't need. Everyone's going to be sharing their favorite items which is super fun, but I know I can get distracted by what everyone is sharing and forget about what would really be good investment pieces for the next season. 
The things I always look for are the following:

- Denim (I almost always buy one pair of jeans each sale-- for example, my AG brand jeans I love always go on sale from $225 down to $145! They're the BEST ever.)
- Bras (my favorite is this Natori style that goes on sale!)
- Underwear (perfect time to stock up on my favorite Hanky Panky brand)
- Fall / Winter Boots and Booties (this is when I buy a pair of the booties I swear by-- Blondo brand-- usually a couple pair go on sale for under $100.)
- Coats and Cardigans (this one was everyone's favorite last year!)
- Accessories (my fave Kendra Scott jewelry usually has a couple beautiful stand out pieces that go on sale)
- Leggings (these Zella Live In Leggings always go on sale and they're amazing!)

We also usually get a couple things for my husband. This is like the ONLY time he shops, ha ;) This year he needs jeans, a couple button ups for work, and shoes (like a pair of nice boots he can wear to work in fall/winter).

Don't forget about the home sale, too! This blanket is my all-time favorite (it's already a great price) and it always goes on sale! Maybe I'll get another color this year. 

These are my favorite AG jeans that I got a couple years ago. The frayed bottom is so cute! This is one of the pairs of Blondo waterproof booties I have as well. I just love them.


Important dates:

7/12-7/18: Early Access for Cardholders (become a member here!)
7/19-8/4: Open to Public 


Hopefully this is helpful. Get ready for Friday the 12th, friends! And tell me what's on your list! :)
xoxo
interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top