2020 Interior Design Trend Predictions

This was a fun post to write! I did lots of research on 2020 trends and today I'm giving you the scoop. There are a couple of my favorite 2020 trends and ones I think we'll see a lot of this year (and for years to come!)



PATTERN PLAY: in backsplashes, floor tiles, wallpaper (especially floral!)
via


via

via


COLOR: colored cabinets continues on, bold colored pieces of furniture with neutral backdrops, monochromatic rooms (walls, furniture, molding, fireplaces all the same color).
via 

via


TRIM WORK GALORE: this might be one of my favorite 2020 design trends! Give me all the molding and trim! It's a classic way to make your space feel elevated. From wall detail work to ceilings, I'm here for this.
via
via

via




PAIRING OLD & NEW: the collected layered look is always something that's in, in my opinion, but mixing old and new is really gaining momentum this year! I love how Amber Interiors does this so seamlessly (notice the trim work on the ceiling, too!)

via


BLACK / DARK DOORS: from front doors to all interiors doors being black or a dark painted color, watch for this trend!
via

via



VELVET: curtains, furniture, even clothes!
via


EARTH TONES: this hunter / emerald / sage green trend we all love-- yep, it's an earth tone. Paired with that terracotta color? I just love it!
via

RATTAN, CANE & NATURAL MATERIALS WITH TEXTURE: allll the texture! This is another favorite trend of 2020 for me! From furniture like headboards, chairs, barstools and console tables, adding these textures and light, warm tones to your room gives it so much richness.

via
via


OUT: 
These are a couple of trends I found were deemed "out" when I was researching.

Over the range microwaves: opt for the microwave in the bottom cabinets or in your pantry, if you have one! Obviously this is possible for everyone.

Open shelving: so funny, because this made both the "in" and "out" lists! This was a huge trend last year, but I for one am in favor or it going out and instead doing tall, classic cabinets again!

Gray: leaning more towards warm tones these days and I'm A-OK with that!



What do you think?! What are some of your favorite and least favorite trend predictions? 
xoxo

interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top