Purple, Gray, & White...Oh My!

Good morning and happy Monday to you all! Hope you all had a great weekend. I was buried knee deep in homework.  Right now it just seems like there's no end in sight, but I'm powering through. 


Today I'm going to show you my finished bedroom for the first time on my blog. Incase you missed the feature on Made By Girl, I wanted you to see the finished product. Below is also a source list, incase you see something you must have for yourself! (: 
Let's begin with the before:

When I walked in, let's just say I had a major breakdown and immediately texted my close blog friends asking for prayer and some DIY power (:
Major freak out moment didn't last for long, though, as my best friend and I stayed up until 2am painting the room a fresh gray/lavender. Much better! After 2 weeks of gathering furniture and doing little projects, it was complete!
I'm obsessed with light, bright bedding, accompanied by some serious pillow action. While I needed to keep the duvet cover I bought freshman year of college (mom's rule!), I was able to spice it up with a pile of fun textured pillows. Behind the bed, I hung some DIY art. All my favorite magazine pages are on one canvas, just to ensure I think, eat, and dream about design 24/7. 
 I found the dresser at a local consignment store, and upon purchasing, it just had plain green and blue drawers.  I new the shape was right for what I wanted to do with it, so I packed up the little kids dresser and began a major transformation. After measuring and taping out the chevron pattern, I painted it with the same grayish/lavender as the walls.  A few knew knobs were really the vintage-charm cherry on top .
I was so excited to find this desk and chair at the Fremont Market in Seattle. After talking to the man I bought it from, I learned both the desk and chair are actually old classic vintage finds he hunted down from an old consignment shop before refinishing them.  I love knowing the desk comes with lots of history! I added some necessary desk supplies arranged in an Anthropologie mug, sitting on top of one of my favorite decor books, Shabby Chic Interiors by Rachel Ashwell. To finish it off, I threw in a few contemporary elements like the desk lamp and mini crystal chandelier.

One trend I've been seeing more of lately is the layering of rugs. Since the floor is cold (and ugly!) tile, I needed to cover them up.  First I laid down the neutral chenille jute rug, then threw the purple and black shag rug over it at an angle. I think it adds great texture and dimension to the room and visually creates a separate office area.
 
 Yes, I had to purchase a closet for my room! I'm living in the old dining room of the house, so it lacks a place for clothes. Big problem for this California girl (: My goal for my room was to fill it with pieces of personality and character, therefore, I didn't want to purchase anything from a "normal" store like Target, IKEA, or the like.  My only exception was my closet. Can you guess where it's from? IKEA! It's so shabby chic for them, I almost had a heart attack.  After replacing the standard knobs for some Anthro ones, I'm loving the look.  I don't even think you can tell it's from IKEA!

Source List:
Paint color: Natural Gray {BEHR ultra plus premier}
Desk, chair, bookcase at end of bed, turquoise box & mirror- Fremont Farmer's Market (Seattle)
Closet- Ikea; Knobs- Anthropologie
Chevron dresser- Mosaic Consignment (Seattle). Knobs- Meadow Boutique (Seattle) & Anthropologie
Small white bookcase- Great grandma's
Bedding- Pottery Barn Teen
Pillows- Pottery Barn & West Elm {Hand stamped Metallic one here}
Gray blanket- Restoration hardware
Bed skirt- Rachel Ashwell for Target
Purple & black rug- Home Fabrics (Reno, NV)
Jute chenille rug- Pottery Barn
Love print- Made By Girl
Other artwork- DIY by Michaela Noelle Designs. Specific links:Clothespin Bulletin Board TutorialChevron Dresser.
Mercury owl- West Elm
Desk lamp- West Elm- ON SALE NOW!
Curtains- Pottery Barn
Chandelier- Z Gallerie- ONLY $10!
Tree bark colored pencils- World Market
Purple dress- B.P Nordstrom
Shell frame, candles, small bowls, "M" mug- Anthropologie
Cake stand-TJ Maxx
Flower hair clips- Whippy Cake


** If you're like to use these photos or feature my bedroom on your blog I'd be delighted, but please link back to Michaela Noelle Designs and give credit to my photographer, Kendra Maarse Photography** Thanks! (:


If you'd like to know about anything else in the room, please ask away! So glad the renovation is through and I can fully focus on school. 
Have a blessed and beautiful Monday (:
Love,
Photobucket

34 comments

  1. omg michaela it looks amaziiiiiiiiing! i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful room. I like ur interior designing skills :) thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great week, I'm also filled with hwk since the semester is almost over. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wondering exactly where your mini-chandy is in your room...It looks totally adorable but I'd like to see where it's placed in comparison to your desk and table lamp. :) SUPER cute room!!!
    xoxo
    Anngela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've said it before, but I'll say it again...your room is gorgeous! I love how personal you made it...it's both beautiful and livable! Love that! XO, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This room is amazing. Great job. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is a sweet sweet room. Love all of the colors, Michaela. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just so impressed with what you did with your bedroom! Looks so cozy and inviting. Lots of great light too which is great for studying and spending copious amounts of time in your room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michaela! It's so gorgeous!! I love all the little details, the colour palette, everything! You did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like the perfect desk to me! I wish it wasn't one of a kind! But hopefully I can re-create my own version :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are SO TALENTED! I love this. So impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. May I ask what color paint you used for your room? It is beautiful and I think it would be perfect for my attic, sloped ceilings bedroom. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to know the paint color as well!! The layering of the rugs gives your room such a cozy feel! It's adorable and I love it!

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful. Love the color...and just everything about your room. It looks like such a calm and relaxing room: just what a bedroom should feel like.

    AMAZING job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi girls! Thank you so much (: The paint color is called Natural Gray (Behr ultra plus premier)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Again, so cute! I love the whippy cakes on the cakestand too. I saw a pic on pinterest where they put a smaller stand on a larger one and used it for a similar purpose. Might have to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks amazing!!! I love it! I can tell how much work and creative juices you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks totally amazing, Michaela! I am so thrilled that you have a little cozy space to call your own; even if it is a dining room :) It's the prettiest dining room I've ever seen! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. you did a fabulous job...and I love the shots of the room with you in them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did such a great job girl! The layered rugs are a great idea. I'll have to use that... You look beautiful in the photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so in love with your room! It's soooo YOU. And I'm a big fan of you, so obviously I would be a big fan of your room too...yep:-) If we move next year-ish, you are definitely my #1 interior decorator choice! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I commented on the MadebyGirl post, but can't resist commenting again...your room is so beautiful! I'm still amazed at what you did to such a drab space to make it a relaxing, girly haven for blogging and homework! Amazing :) xoxox!

    ReplyDelete
  22. pretty much obsessing with everything you have done here. obsessing even more over that red dress you are wearing! where is it from?!?
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  23. okay, totally read up on your "about me" section. adore you even more. born and raised seattlite, and i miss it every day. i went to SPU for a few quarters and i absolutely loved it! the teachers, the buildings, the atmosphere. everything!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great transformation, great job!!

    I think my favorite thing is your desk :-)

    eileen
    www.acreativedayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love those window shades (or whatever they're called)! Where did you get them?!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Totally obsessed with your fab room!! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so glad you did a new full recap on the room because I am *SO* much more impressed after seeing the before pic! I think I would have cried...but you just strapped on your work boots and got down to business! Still think that dresser is my absolute favorite...maybe of all time (c:

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! This looks absolutely stunning!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is amazing! you did a really wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your room looks amazing girl. I'm still drooling over your dresser. Love seeing all the beautiful touches you added!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dude, AWESOME job Michaela!! And WHHHHHHHY are you so freakin gorgeous?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  32. so pretty and so you Michaela!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It looks so cute! Love both the dress hanging on the wall and the one you're wearing with the little birds! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing colors! I love how the room is so bright :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top