Wedding Bliss: My Wedding Shoes & Dress Shopping Tips




I'm so elated to start blogging about some of our wedding details! Next Monday I'll be announcing something really exciting, so stay tuned. Until then, I thought I'd show off my wedding day shoes and give you some insight to my dress shopping experience.

We got engaged a few days before I flew home to California for the holidays to spend a few weeks with my family. I was so thankful for the timing, because since we're getting married in California, my mom and I could do some planning while I was home. The first thing we did was go wedding dress shopping! And I'm happy to tell you I found THE dress! It was the sweetest day ever. I'm so glad I could share it with my mama (we also FaceTimed my best friend when we were deciding between two gowns and she confirmed the decision both my mom and I were leaning towards.)

Just my mom and I went shopping, because we actually shop really well together and she knows exactly what looks good on me and most importantly, she can tell when I genuinely love something and wants me to be happy and feel beautiful. I found my dress at the first place we went looking, which I was surprised about! Because of all the workshops we put on for Bloom with styled shoots, I've tried on many dresses before and I knew what style I liked best, so I did have a good idea of what I wanted upon walking through the doors.

Our consultant was so kind, which was a huge blessing. She pulled about 8 dresses and the gown I ended up saying "yes" to was number 6. I loved a bunch of the dresses I put on, but ultimately one stood out above the rest (and was the most comfortable...bonus!) Funny thing was, I think the 4th dress I tried on was the dress one of my best friend's wore on her wedding day. I knew immediately it was hers and quickly moved on :)

Obviously I can't show you the dress, but goodness, I can't wait for September so I finally can show it off! I can, however, show you the shoes I'll be wearing on our wedding day. I already showed my fiancé and he loved them. Because of our outdoor wedding venue and the ceremony location being on a lawn, I knew I wanted to wear a wedge. My mom went on the hunt and ended up finding these beauties in the perfect shade of blush. Our wedding colors are lavender, blush and navy, so the hint of pink will tie in perfectly (especially because the bridesmaids will be wearing soft pinks and lavenders). More on that in the coming weeks!

Here are a few dress shopping tips:

1. Only take people who you are confident will be helpful, kind, supportive and want what is best for you. A little honesty is key, but you don't want someone there who will hurt your feelings. After we said yes to the dress, I brought back my aunts and grandmas to see me in the dress. They all loved this and I found it very special!

2. Come with some ideas of styles you want to try on. I printed out a picture of a gown I absolutely loved the shape of, and that's what our consultant searched for. I ended up buying a gown that was almost identical :) (I know this doesn't happen for everyone!)

3. Trust your consultant (if you're at a dress shop that has great stylists, that is!) If the style you thought you would like doesn't look good on you, be willing to try something else.

4. Make sure you do your hair and makeup the way you feel most confident, so when you're looking in the mirror at yourself, you feel beautiful!

5. Bring shoes of your own that you can try on the gowns with. I brought a pair of wedges my mom has (similar to the shoes I ended up buying) to get the feel of what a wedge would be like.

6. Ask a lot of questions-- about the time the gown comes in, if they have recommended seamstresses or if they are in house, how the seamstress plans to shorten your gown (they almost always come in too long), etc.

7. Look for accessories at the bridal shop, but then also look on etsy when you get home to see if you can find something more cost effective (ie. garters, veils, belts, etc.)

8. Have fun and don't put pressure on yourself to find "the one" on day one.











I just love my shoes oh-so-much! They are beautiful, SO comfortable, the perfect shade of pink and the rhinestone strap is smooth so it won't catch on the bottom of my dress at all. 

Here are some other shoes that would be perfect for weddings:







I hope you like them! What shoes did you wear on your wedding? I'm thinking it might be a good idea to bring sandals for the reception :)

Have a great Wednesday!
xoxo

Photobucket

5 comments

  1. The shoes are amazing! Be sure to wear ball pads with them...the seam where the material changes is going to kill the bottom of your feet, trust me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shoes are beautiful and being a wedge they should be comfy enough to wear all day and night too! My advice is to put an insert in them to give you more padding and to wear them around the house a few times to get use to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning shoes! So smart to do the wedge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at BM shoes for my wedding, too. They're just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are too adorable!! Great shoes and so happy you found your wedding dress :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top