Client Reveal: Modern Farmhouse Family Room Tour

A couple weeks I showed you the entry and playroom of my recent Modern Farmhouse client project. Things have been crazy and totally got away from me as I was gone in Austin last week, but today I'm back showing you the family room of this home! 
Many of you followed this house design from the ground up, as it was a new construction home and in the Grand Rapids Parade of Homes. Some of you even came to see it during the Parade, which was so fun! This is one of the projects I'm most proud of since I was involved from the very beginning. I'm so thankful to have had the opportunity to show off this house in the Parade, alongside Steve Visser Builder, the builder of the home. 
This family room needed to be comfortable, functional and fit a lot of people since the family who lives here has 5 kiddos! Keeping the decor up on the shelves was key, so little hands can't (quite) get to it and making sure the sofa fabric was durable was obviously extremely important! Luxury Vinyl Planks make clean up easy, but the beautiful rug provides some added warmth (and is cheaper to replace if needed than a whole room of carpet!)
The fireplace stone draws your eye up and highlights the tall cathedral ceilings, detailed in shiplap, along with that cozy beam. The white curtains (easily washable!) also add height to the space, while the warmer tones found in the floors, leather chair, beam, stained countertop, and walls help the room truly feel like an inviting family room. Touches of blue and green throughout give some color and tie in the obvious statement piece-- that GORGEOUS lion painting, done by one of my BFF's, Chelsea Michal Garter. I love how unexpected it is for the farmhouse! 
























Photos: Ashley Slater Photography // Flowers: Modern Day Florals // Builder: Steve Visser Builder // Dress: August Cloth 
Get the look:

Hope you love this family room as much as I do! Have a wonderful start to your week,
xoxo
interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top