Bulletin Board Redo

A few weeks ago after we all did the "Where I Blog" posts, I decided my bulletin board area could use more pizazz! I went to Joanne's Fabrics and found a patterned fabric, which coordinates with my bedding and curtains, to reupholster my bulletin board.  Here's the before of my desk area:


In order to reupholster the bulletin board, I took everything down and measured the dimension of the space.  Then I added an inch on either side so I could fold the ends of the fabrics, in order to hide the fringed ends.  Secret: I simply used tape to secure the folded edges.  No time to sew around here!  Next, I put the fabric up on the cork with push pins to make sure it was all even.


After the push pins were in and I was happy with the alignment, I used a staple gun to permanently secure the fabric.  I stapled right before the push pins, removing each push pin as I stapled.


Done!


I chose this fabric because my bedding is flowered and swirled, so this organic print compliments that perfectly.  I went with the lime green, because only one wall in my bedroom is the green, while three are the blue.  So this brings the green to another side of the room.



I think it adds lots of color!  Makes me want to sit there all day!  But no time for that, because today I'm packin' up.....and getting a facial.  I consider it a back to school necessity (:

Love and Green Swirled Bulletin Boards,

5 comments

  1. I LOVE THIS! lOve the fabric background and the decorative trimming! Love the Mac too! :)
    Hope you have a Delightsome day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute!! I am following you now! You have great ideas!

    Hope you will
    stop by
    Simple As 1-2-3
    soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so great. Love the fabric you chose. Great idea to use staples, never thought of that.
    Great job.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top