New York, New York

Summer of 2009 my family and I took our first trip to New York.  I totally loved it.  Maybe because there's tons of shopping, it's always busy, the lights are beautiful at night, we saw Wicked (the musical), and I was able to go to Serendipity 3 (restaurant they filmed my favorite movie, Serendipity)!  Finally, after the 100 times I'd seen the movie, I got to actually go...and eat the most yummy dessert, too!

I was looking through all my New York pictures and realized I had a lot of fun ones, but also a ton of architectural pictures.  So, I decided to put two frames together with just New York pictures.  Here's how I did it:


I started with this picture frame (I was given two of the same pictures by my Aunt who said I could do whatever I wanted to the frames) and since it didn't go with the things I already have, I completely took apart the frame and got rid of the picture inside.  The frames were dark brown, so I painted them black to match better.


Next, I covered the cardboard backing piece of the frame with some cute paper I found at Aaron Brothers.  Then I cut a smaller square of black poster board to lay inside, so the decorative paper acts like a matting.


Then, I glued the pictures on the black poster board and finished it off by cutting some of the butterflies out of the decorative paper for some added detail.  After that, I resembled the frames, put the glass back in and called it a done deal!

They should be cute on my wall in my new bedroom.  Stay tuned: I move back to Seattle in just 2 weeks, so I'll be sure to put pictures up of our apartment.

Here's some of my other favorite pictures from New York!

Mom and me in the filming location of When Harry Met Sally.


Despite the heigh difference, this is my little brother.


And this post wouldn't be complete without a picture of me in front of the world's biggest Juicy Couture store (:

Happy Thursday!

Love and The City That Never Sleeps,
Michaela


PS. I'm linking to:

 Weekend Bloggy Reading


Get your craft on Thurs.

PonyTails and FishScales


10 comments

  1. So cute! Love the paper you used as a backing!

    And I need to go to NYC again asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Nice shout out on MadeByGirl...did you model for them or something???

    http://madebygirl.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-blogs-coffee-color-addedvia-made-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if this got e-mailed to you, Shannon...it said it had a sender issue...so here was my reply:

    So funny, I didn't even know that ended up there! I recently did a photoshoot with a photographer/friend in my area and she loved the LOVE print in my room and asked to use it...so we did. (To see the photographer's blog: http://gemphotoblog.com/) Then I e-mailed Jen at madebygirl to tell her we incorporated it into the shoot, thanked her for it and told her how much I loved it. I guess she liked the picture enough to post! Kinda fun (:

    Thanks for telling me about it...or else I wouldn't have seen it!
    Love your new blog layout by the way (:

    Have a wonderful Thursday,
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michaela, Looks like a wonderful trip! My little brother towers over me too, it's a starnge moment when that happens!! Love your frame makeover, I am a fan of black and whites too, and the bird paper is charming! Juicy Couture... FUN!!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I (Heart) New York! Love the way you presented some of your favorite photos. :) Thank you so much for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a fun trip! I like how you framed some of your special photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea! I have two large frames that are empty that I have been trying to figure out how to use. This looks like a perfect idea for me!!! Thanks for sharing such an easy--cheap--decorating idea. Hope you enjoy your new apartment!

    Visiting from Amanda's party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I want to go to New York! I went when I was 5 years old, and that doesn't count! Okay, you've inspired me to get my shadow boxes made, I have some memories that need framing! Very cute!
    I'm visiting from Amanda's party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Love how they turned out :) Thanks SO much for joining in on Thrilling Thursdays @ Paisley Passions. I hope to see you again next week :)
    ~Lori S.
    Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top