As warmer weather continues here in Michigan, I am loving my little patio. I've always loved flowers (clearly!) and have wanted my own garden for ages, but while living in an apartment, potted plants will have to suffice. Although it's not big, it's an outdoor space and it over looks a golf course, so I'm not complaining! The first thing I did when the weather warmed up was go get myself a peony bush. The one I bought last year apparently developed a disease and never bloomed (sad!!) so I was hoping this year's would actually show me some blooms. We had a very humid night the other day and when I woke up, both of the buds had bursted open with the prettiest pink hues. Summer made! ;)
In order to make this outdoor patio space feel cozy and colorful, I added a few key pieces.
1. Plants: what's a porch without plants? I picked up this large plant below, along with a lattice, for the climbing vines to make their way up, up, up!
2. Height: adding height is a great way to up the interest in a space. I found this old stool at a vintage store around the corner from my house, added the lattice for more height, and staggered the heights of the plants.
3. Color: adding some fun throw pillows from Lulu & Georgia was my finishing touch. Summer calls for some saturated hues. I love the coral/pink in these Spotted Ikat throws.
4. Seating: when it's nice out, we love eating dinner on the patio and sometimes I'll even eat my lunch outside when I'm working from home. I picked up this table and chairs set (it's not the prettiest, but it works!) for under $100 at a local furniture store.
I think I literally experienced the heart eyes emoji upon seeing these petals open!
It's not a lot of decor, but it's something to make it feel like a new season. If you're in the market for some outdoor decor and furniture, here are my go to shops!
- Terrain - Oh my word..if I could buy everything in the store, I really would! This is a great resource for special, one-of-a-kind items.
- Target - always a fan favorite.
- World Market - awesome, stylish pieces for great prices!
I can't finish out this post without letting you know today marks the first day of the Nordstrom Half-Yearly SALE! Save up to 40% at the Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale on Men, Women & Kids styles! FREE Shipping & FREE Returns, as always! I'll be sharing my favorites on my Facebook Page throughout the day, so head on over there. I'll also be back here later to update the post with some fave picks.
What have you done to spruce up your patio lately?