Summer Essentials: Shorts



SHOP |  plumeria shorts / pink drawstring linen / black and white print / white cuffdark wash denim / seersucker eyelet / blue romper / blue chino shorts /

Today marks the start of a new series I'll be running almost weekly throughout the summer months called Summer Essentials. It's so easy to get hung up on how to put an outfit or a room together, I thought I'd bring it back to the basics and just give you my favorite essentials. Today we're focusing on shorts and rompers! 

Shorts are extremely necessary in the warmer, humid states (hello, Michigan!) so above are some of my favorite cuts and styles. If you've been reading my blog for a bit, you know I actually am not a huge fan of shorts, because when I was in high school I wasn't allowed to wear them to school. Dang dress code! I still have thoughts like "Michaela, you're breaking the rules!" when I wear shorts. I feel uncomfortable in shorts that are too short (here's my PSA to all high school girls that think super short shorts are cute and make your bootie look good: they really do you no favors. Promise!), so the key is to find pairs that are a bit longer, without looking frumpy or too big. Like I've mentioned a dozen times on the blog, my go-to shorts are the J.Crew 3" Chino. I love them because they are the perfect length, they have a loose fit so they don't hug your thighs too tight, and they come in all different colors.

Here's one of my favorite ways to wear them. You can find my whole outfit post wearing the chino shorts HERE. They're actually on major sale at J.Crew Factory right now! The regular J.Crew store is having a sale, so use code SUMMERLOVE to get 25% off your purchase here.


DETAILS |Shorts / Belt / Shirt- similar, similar / Bracelet, Bangle /  

In my opinion, the summer shorts essentials are the following:
- a pair of denim shorts (I love the ones with a cuff like these!)
- a few pairs of colored shorts like these (50% off!)
- one pair of printed shorts like these (50% off!)
- one pair of white shorts like these (so slimming!)
- a romper, because they're so fun! HERE are a bunch of cute options.






What are your go-to shorts for the summer?

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
xoxo

Photobucket

4 comments

  1. I totally agree about the short shorts. They are not flattering on anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah I hate short shorts! I hate when I see high school girls wearing shorts so short the pockets stick out the bottoms. I take it to the extreme and prefer 8 inch shorts. So much easier to not worry about pulling them down when sitting on the floor with my son. And I don't love my legs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha my two year old saw that computer when I was looking at this and said, "I like the blue ones! Oh and black and white!" He has pretty good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jcrew chinos are my summer staples as well. I'm loving their elastic waist pairs they have this year, super comfy without looking frumpy!! Love this new series :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top