Big Boy Room Bedroom Design

One of my goals this year is to share more of my client designs with you on the blog. I share sneak peeks on Instagram, but I also want to blog the design process! Today I'm showing you a design I created for a client who just moved into a new build construction home. I've been working with their family for a few years, so you might remember the nursery I did for a set of boy + girl twins last year. This "big boy room" is for the baby boy twin...he got his own room at the new house! Because of this, we set out to create a more "boy" room for him, since the other nursery was gender neutral because of sharing with his sister.

As I've said many times before, I love designing nurseries, so I had a lot of fun with this project! We are doing a planes, trains and automobile themed room, which will be seen in the artwork on the walls. The walls will be painting a gray/blue color, so the neutral furniture will accent that nicely. Below is what I came up with:


DETAILS | Bookcase / Dresser / Baskets for Dresser / Trunk / Baskets for Storage / Beanbags / Adventure Pillow / Vintage Name Pillow / Chevron PillowCars Art / Airplanes / Lamp 

With kids' spaces, storage is key, so I gave the family lots of options. The cute customizable trunk, storage baskets to put in the corner, and a dresser with storage cubbies are going to be really functional. The bookshelf will also come in handy for storing and organizing...well, books! By mixing the warm wood tone of the bookshelf with the white dresser and gray trunk, it creates interest and avoids the "matchy" look. The crib is also white, so that will flow well with the dresser. We're infusing a bit of navy and a lighter blue to give it the "boy" feel, of course.

Hopefully it's baby approved! :)

* If you're interested in my design services, I'd love to hear from you! From one-hour consultations, to virtual designs, inspiration boards, and full service design, we'd be honored to help you make your house feel like a home. Please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns(dot)com for pricing and packages. I'm now taking clients for April.

Happy Tuesday!
xoxo

Photobucket

1 comment

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top