Cinnamon Sugar Puff Cupcakes

I know I said I'd share this recipe over the weekend, but I've been buried in books, as finals are looming over me! 

Last week I made a delicious treat for my Bible study.  By scratch.  I know, I got all fancy (: {By the way, thanks Mama for letting be steal borrow your Kitchen-aid. It's awesome.}

My sweet {real life} best friend Alyssa, sent me this ADORABLE cupcake recipe book for my birthday. There are some great recipes in it.


Here's what you'll need:

1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons (3/4 sticks) unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk (any fat content works)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees!

First, mix all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, withholding the sugar. 


 Then, whip the butter and sugar together in a mixer.  Next, add the dry ingredients in the mixer in 3 additions, adding the milk between each addition. 
Batter should be mixed on medium speed until smooth. It will be a tad bit sticky!


Fill your cupcake liners 1/2 way. 
Pop 'em in the oven and bake for 18 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix together your outer coating {aka Heaven in your mouth}
6 tablespoons butter (3/4 stick)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Once your cupcakes are done baking, let them cool for only 5 minutes. Then melt your butter and mix your cinnamon and sugar together:

Peel back your cupcake liner a tad and pour a little butter over the top:

Sprinkle a lot some sugar over the buttered cupcake!

Dump off the excess.

And viola!

They keep well for 3-4 days. Just pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds and do the butter-sugar-cinnamon-amazingness coating (: 


ENJOY.  Excuse me, I'm going to go bake another batch now (:
And then study for finals.

Happy Monday!
ps. thank you so much for your sweet comments on yesterday's post about my beautiful friend, Jess.

Love and Cupcakes,

36 comments

  1. Would you believe I just made these this morning too? Great minds think alike and yours look every bit as tasty as mine. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cupcakes up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I just might have to find that book. I am really craving a good cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm they look delicious!! And a perfect distraction for essay-writing and exam-studying haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, these look amazing! Good luck with your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know what I'm going to be doing this morning...they look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. You know I love my sweets! Would be so good with coffee!! (although I think you only do tea if I remember correctly?!) Good luck with finals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Have to try those. They look cinnful. Haha. (You'll quickly learn I'm the queen of puns. It's annoying! :)

    I'm off to the post office in just a bit to mail the shoe bag to you! Have to gather the kiddos first. (They're less than thrilled. They'd much rather be playing in the tent they made. As in, I'm not even sitting in a chair to type this...they stole all of them! Ha!)

    Have a great day! Got your comment about me being young. Heehee. I LIKE you! :)

    Sophisticated Steps

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just realized I hadn't clicked FOLLOW yet! I meant to last night. I guess I got sidetracked with the shoe bags.

    Following now! :)

    Sophisticated Steps

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh yum, i am definitely making these for my boys' school lunch bags.

    I've just awarded you a Stylish Blogger badge, check out my blog for details, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds and looks very yummy :) Have a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh gosh those look SO dang yummy. cinnamon sugar anything is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can attest that they are indeed delicious! Taste just like doughnut holes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Send me some lovely. Thank you very much :)

    PS Stop blogging and get to your class today hehe

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delicious and so cute:-) I'd probably end up eating these for breakfast. Sounds like a good idea to me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have that book!! : )
    there's so many delicious recipes!! too bad i can't make any of them anytime soon, i gave up sweets for lent!! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been wanting a cupcake book for a while now... I just might have to check out that one you mentioned. Those cupcakes you made sound delicious. My mouth might be watering a bit... oops. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have that book!! but i've never actually cooked from it...my husband LOVES boxed cakes. so crazy, but makes my life easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at you all domestic! Those look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow yum yum yummmmm Michaela these just look so so goood!xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. You better be baking those when I come this summer. K thanks.

    PS: My friend and I always say "heaven in your mouth" when something is delish. Twins again!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmm... can't wait to try these! They look amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. mother of pearl michaela! those look so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow these look absolutely delicious!!! I really need to learn to bake/cook...sometime...:).

    ReplyDelete
  24. if no one hears from me for a few days, it's probably because i've locked myself in my house whilst stuffing my face with these delicious treats. yummmm.

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh wowza! those look fantastic~ and what a cute book:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Look at you, all fancy!! They look absolutely delicious :) I SO want a kitchen aid…

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have this cupcakes! book and love it. So many yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This will be a perfect treat for our oldies in home for the aged. I really love participating in our church services. Baking some cupcakes and cookies is the best way for me to make them happy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Of for the love of food, those look ahmahzing..... too bad I have up dessert for lent, and just sort of sweets, in general. SOOOO these look great, but I can't eat them. But they sure are eye candy!!

    xo,
    Jenna

    P.S.
    Your Bible Study class was probably freaking with happiness over these yummy cupcakes! Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your doing bible teachings too. That is so great. I never thought of giving cupcakes for my students. I always give them cookies. Maybe I should try some cupcakes too for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Probably not a good idea I looked at this post in the morning..
    Cupcakes for breakfast? Yes PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top