Chalkboard Paint + Mason Jar = DIY Love

I love bloggy friends turned real life friends, so when Natasha from Schue Love told me she was spending the weekend in Monterey, we jumped on the chance to hang out again! Her and her hubby met me at the cutest pizza place in my favorite outdoor shopping mall, Santana Row.


At lunch she asked me if I'd participate in a series she's running on her blog this week where I would dish on my favorite things about Fall. Of course I said yes! After our lunch date, I went to the craft store just to browse. Right....
Upon spotting Martha Stewart's chalkboard paint, I knew the rest of my day would be spent in the black hole known as crafting.  After I was finished with my little DIY, I knew it would be a great addition to my guest post on Natasha's series, Fall 5. Why? Because for some reason, I associate Fall with chalkboard paint (:

I couldn't resist sharing the Do It Yourself project here on my blog, too, so here is a tutorial and a sneak peak of what I'm loving for Fall.

1. Materials: Martha's chalkboard paint, mason jar, brush, chalk, & patience!


2. After cleaning your jar, paint the first coat of chalkboard paint. It's okay if you see brush strokes...they go away with the second coat.



3. After an HOUR of dry time, paint your second coat of paint. Then wait a whole 24 hours before writing on your jar. I was so proud I actually waited (:


4. Get some chalk and embellish!


Desk supply holder...


Or a sweet vase...



The whole project only cost me $10, which included the colored chalk, bottle of paint and mason jar.  Good thing is I still have tons more paint to do other things with! Great investment, right people? I love the whimsical feel and personalized touch just a small mason jar can have in a room.


To find out what else I'm falling for, head on over to Schue Love!


Happy 1st of September! Can't believe it's here!
Love,
Photobucket

30 comments

  1. What a great idea, would probably look cute with make up brushes in it as well!
    xo emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg so cute :) i def want to try something like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh that is so cute!! i know that you really made it for me as a prize right?! thats what i thought! :) jk jk jk!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving all of the neat things you can do with chalkboard paint!! Such a neat idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen so many ways to use chalkboard paint and mason jars... but to put them together was GENIUS!!! It's ADORABLE!! Yaaayyy, I love it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. like always you are gorgeous and this idea is perfect. stealing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute !! Love that there are so many different things you can do with that chalkboard paint !

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet would this look on a teacher's desk??? I'm a fan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even imagine how much fun you gals are together...I'm officially inviting myself to your next get together (c: Ha! I love this little project...especially with all the different colors of chalkboard paint, the possibilities are endless!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yayyyy!! LOVE this DIY...something even I can do! :) Thanks so much for guest posting today! Lots and lots of fun!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super, duper CUTE and so easy, love that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is cute and looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhh I looove chalkboard paint! I just saw terra cotta pots painted with chalkboard paint, it's amazing what you can do with that stuff! heading over to schue love...

    xo, katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i love this! i'm definitely going to have to try it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww, love this idea!! It would be neat to write each other sweet notes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Real life bloggy friends are the BEST! I LOVE your chalkboard jar. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe it's because I'm a future teacher, but I can't get enough of chalkboard paint! Wouldn't it be fun to make this for a wedding centerpiece and leave chalk out for your guests to sign and decorate the jars?

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1. Did you get the salad from Pizza Antica?
    2. If you feel like sending me an adorable chalk mason jar craft, I'd smile :D
    Love, Lyss

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun! I have yet to jump on the chalkboard bandwagon, but only because I have too many other projects going on. Amazing how chalkboard used to remind people of the classroom and maybe math, blah, but now they are embraced from the fun they can bring!

    Take care,

    Haley @thedistractedblogger

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is that from Martha's new paint collection? Being out of the country for 3 weeks makes me feel like I have been gone for years. So many new things!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute idea. Thanks for sharing it with us. I am going to make this for my kids to take to their teacher on the first day of school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a GREAT idea! So cute, I'm sure she'll love that!

      Delete
  22. Hey i did this project and it turned out great. I do have a question, though. Did you use drawing chalk or just plain chalk like ones used on a chalkboard?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey i did this project and it turned out great. I do have a question, though. Did you use drawing chalk or just plain chalk like ones used on a chalkboard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used small chalk for writing on a chalkboard. Like something you'd see in a school. Hope this helps! Glad your project turned out well!!

      Delete
    2. It sure did turn out well. And i gave one to a friend for a Secret Santa gift. She loved it.

      Delete
    3. I'm SO happy to hear that!! Happy almost new year :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top