Glossy Glossy

The day House Beautiful arrives on my doorstep is always a great day.  It means I get to sit down and relax while reading and looking through pages of gorgeousness! Last month's issue really caught my eye.  One, because it was one of my all time favorite issues, and two, because the color palette of the issue as a whole is so fresh, cool and...oh, totally the color scheme for my room at school (:
IDEA.
Enter today's project.




Materials:
Canvas (your choice in size)
Magazine pages
Glue
Scissors 
Black paint & brush


Steps:
1. Rip out your favorite images from the magazine. I cut some of the edges clean and left others ripped for a different effect.

2. Paint your canvas edges black (or whatever color you'd like!)

 3. Take time to arrange your photos. I knew I wanted a symmetrical look, but with a touch of funk.  I grouped mine 3 across, all images staying on the canvas, but making sure to overlap and leave some edges jagged.  I played around with the layout several times before committing.  I love the placement of color and think everything balances out well!




 4. Finish and hang! You can also mod podge over your images to ensure their safety (:



It's hanging in my room and lookin' good. There's just something about tangible, glossy magazine pictures that still get me every time.  And with the latest HB edition being one of my favorites, I couldn't bare to let it sit in my magazine stash.  I hope this sparks you to display images, inspiration and things you love as art in your home!


I promise I'm showing you my room real soon. BIG NEWS. I found a dresser two days ago and have given it new life.  It will be on the blog next week. Pinky swear! Finding time to continue to set up and take well lit pictures of the room is the issue!


Hope you have a wonderful Thursday, loves!
Love,
Photobucket

28 comments

  1. Cute board! You're inspiring me to want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Can't wait to see your new dresser and the room come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I think this would make a great addition to my room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swooned over many images in this issue of House Beautiful too. I love what you did with pages from the magazine. There really is something about having tangible images of your dreams. Oh... and so glad that you found a dresser, can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that idea. so so cool. cannot wait to see your roooooom! hurry up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant idea!!! thank you for that! excited to see how your room turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!! Love this...and it serves for lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! It's like an ideas book but on the wall..perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're so crafty... I promise myself on a regular basis that when I have a space that I feel is more "mine" I will do things like this.

    Also... I only know what House Beautiful is because of the show "Flipping Out" on BRAVO. That's embarrassing. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute idea! I HAVE to get this magainze...I think I have been missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I'm curious about the magazine now..

    I'm really looking forward to seeing your room. Your taste is wonderful and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did something like this in my college dorm, but of course it was just paper! We did like inspirational quotes and things like that to keep us motivated. All the girls in the hall would come to our room to see it! It was fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pink and orange fabric ad completely grabbed my attention when I was flipping through House Beautiful. It's just beautiful.

    I wish I could tear out the pictures I love in my magazines. I go back through them so often that I think I would wind up regretting it. Unfortunately, that leads to a bit of a magazine hoarding issue ha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HB is one one of my top fave mags! I'm always left swooning!
    Such a cute idea and great inspiration!
    Can't wait to see the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute idea. I LOVE my glass mag tear outs and have them up on a board. You are right . . nothing like it. Bring on more pics of the dresser! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. mm... pretty! I really like some of those styles in the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. so fun! and i can't wait to see the dresser makeover!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this idea! I am always ripping pages out of magazines. Great way to display!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! If/when you want to change it up, you can just modge podge right over it! Can't wait to see your dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hurryy and show me your room!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your dresser hun! Ok and are you in Seattle? Coffee meet up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Michaela, we spoke through email a couple months ago. I kind of have an odd request for you, I was wondering if you would be willing to send me the book list for your classes thus far, or at least the ones you found most essential. While I was at SPU I studied Clothing and Textiles and would love to go back and study Interiors but sadly that is not in the cards for me right now, so i would love to self teach myself as much as possible. Your textbook list would be so helpful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a big photo album... the kind with the sticky back and no photo slips... and I cut out furniture, rooms, shoes, etc that I love and put them in my "inspiration book". I like this idea as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This seriously reminds me of my sister-in-law who took an ENTIRE WALL and put black and white posters/flyers, etc. from all of downtown Seattle up and sealed them. It looked a.maz.ing. This is a great personal touch to a room!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a great idea!! I love making inspiration boards but they usually stay on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is adorable! What a cheap and cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Home Decor magazines have always been my favorite. My mom collects them, and I always enjoy going through all the inspiring ideas. Love your canvas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top