{Fall Decor} DIY Give Thanks Banner


Well friends, Fall has officially entered my little apartment, even if only visible on the dining buffet.  This means I had time to put school aside for a minute and craft! That always makes me a happy camper.  I'm sure my roommates came home surprised to find pumpkins and a banner draped along our buffet.  The joys of living with an interior designer ;)

I made a simple "Give Thanks" banner out of things I already had in my craft box {which, if I'm being honest, is actually all four drawers of my chevron dresser}.  Even though you probably don't need one, here's the How-To:

Materials: gift tags, markers, string, twine, ribbon-- your choice!
1. Spell out your saying letter by letter; first in pencil, then in pen // 2. String the banner on your ribbon // 3. Drape over a cute print or archway. 
 
LOVE print by Made By Girl

I found these pumpkins at Trader Joe's and thought the fairytale feel was so cute, I just couldn't paint or carve them up.  So far, that's all of Fall at my home. What about you? Leave links to your Fall projects in the comments so I can get inspired ladies!

In other news, I'm heading home to my parent's house today for a quick trip back to visit my brother who's coming home from Baylor for the weekend.  I love living so close and being able to head up for a few days. I'm sure I'll do some decorating for the season with my mom while I'm home, so stay tuned.  More October inspiration and color trending is coming your way tomorrow.

Have a blessed Thursday!
Love,
Photobucket
PS. Only a few ad spots left for November, as I'm running a 50% off ad space sale in celebration of November being my birthday month! Email for inquiries: michaelawarner90@gmail.com


18 comments

  1. This is very simple but very very sweet ...

    Love Chrissi xo

    www.christianaholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love simple and sweet decor! This fits the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable little way to add some festive cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I love the simplicity of it. Have fun with your brother. Katie flies in tonight. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute--- I wouldn't expect anything less!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the CUTEST! Call me soon please, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like it! i can't wait to get some pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, you never cease to inspire :) I love it, the pumpkins are so perfectly imperfect and the banner is so simple but amazing. I'm gonna have to find somewhere in our messy house to put one up.

    :D Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a simple, sweet idea. You have the best handwriting!

    -Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one DIY I feel confident I can actually ... well ... do! ;)

    Definitely going to hang one of these on our fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute and super easy! Love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the banner! So cute! I bet your roommates love living with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! I love holiday decorating that can be done on a budget!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the "Give Thanks" banner. I painted "Give Thanks" on a pumpkin! Check it out :)

    http://ashleykozell.blogspot.com/2012/10/give-thanks.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top