It's no secret that coconut oil has gained quite the reputation over the last year. It might be the trendy thing to use for everything, but I'm SO on board. I use it for so many things, so I thought I'd share them with you today!
- Cooking! Especially baking...I really love making these muffins with it. It's so much healthier than other oils. What do you use to cook with it?
- Makeup remover. Before I use my face wash to clean my entire face, I always get off my eye make up with coconut oil. I just get a little bit on my finger tips and rub it on my eyes, along with some warm water. It really helps break it up and get it all the way off. I always hated waking up with mascara remittence, so I'm glad to have solved that problem with the coconut oil!
- Shaving! I know this might be TMI, but I cannot shave my legs without getting a red bumpy rash. It's so awful and embarrassing. I decided to just try using coconut oil instead of soap one day, and to my surprise, it totally worked and made my legs even softer than normal. So, if you have sensitive skin like me, try coconut oil!
- On the same note, I also put it on my skin if I have a rash or something itches (like from a bug bite or something). I put it on my elbows and feet every night before bed also, and my skin is super soft!
- My boyfriend's family spreads it on their toast with some peanut butter and they love it.
- I've put it on sunburns to alleviate the burn.
- This stuff is perfect to put a little in the ends of your hair before blow drying or curling. It helps keep it in place and give it that beautiful shine.
- I haven't tried the oil pulling yet, but have heard it works. Have you tried it?!
There are just so many uses! What do you use coconut oil for? I'd love to hear!