DIY Easy Winter Lip Scrub

Is it just me, or every year around the start of winter, are you just SO dry?! My skin is soaking up lotion like no other. I apply it in the morning and at night usually, but I feel like I'm putting lotion on every hour these days ;) A few weeks ago my lips started getting dry with the change in weather, so I made up a SUPER simple lip scrub recipe, perfect for these winter months!


Grab a teaspoon of coconut oil (warm it up so it's more liquid than hard), get a teaspoon of sugar and mix the two together in a small bowl. You could also add an essential oil like peppermint or something nice, too!



Make sure your lips are clean, then massage some of the mixture on your lips for about a minute. Wash it off with warm water. Your lips will be soft and exfoliated! You can do this every night before bed or as often as you'd like. (Ignore the weird look of my hand-- the mirror distorted it ha!)

I thought I'd also share what products I use to keep my lips and skin hydrated this time of year:


As you may know, I'm on the Beautycounter team, so I love their lip products. The lipstick / lip sheers are so, so hydrating. With as much as I wear lipstick, I needed something moisturizing and safe for my skin! These totally fit the bill and come in really pretty shades. I have Currant for fall and winter. I love the lip gloss just as much. I have the peony color, but I'm almost out so can't wait to try a new shade soon. My mom has Dahlia and loves it.  Both of these have a very subtle vanilla fragrance, scented with natural ingredients. The gloss is my favorite gloss I've ever used because it's not sticky at all. It's so smooth, smells great and lasts for hours.

I also use this lip conditioner right before bed every night to keep my lips hydrated and soft. It's been a great replacement to vaseline. 

One of my favorite lotions is from Trader Joe's. It's the coconut oil body butter and it's divine. Smells incredible, is super hydrating and makes my skin feel so soft. I also use straight up coconut oil if my skin is extremely dry.

For my face, I am lovinggg this brightening + vitamin C oil. Vitamin C is SO good for your skin, as it helps with collagen production and has antioxidants in it. The second thing I'm absolutely loving is the Countermatch collection sleeping recovery cream. This mix of "hyaluronic acid, plum oil, and tara gum creates a protective layer to help shield skin from moisture loss, replenishing hydration and revitalizing skin while you sleep". I've been using it for a week now and my skin is already less dry. HOORAY!

Alright, ladies, let me know what YOU use to battle this dry season. I'd love to learn! 

Happy Tuesday!
xoxo


interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top