Bloom!

Last weekend my family got together to have a goodbye party for my cousin and her husband.  They're moving to Australia for a year! My aunt {my cousin's mom} throws great parties.  And not only that, but she's the best gardener I know.  Sometimes when I'm doing a craft or putting something together, I ask myself how my aunt would do it (: She has a serious eye for details and I love that.  We get along really well! Her garden and party details were so cute, I thought I'd share!




Mason Jars...see where I get the obsession?! 

Prepare yourself, friends.  Her garden is in full bloom!



The addition of old chairs and wheelbarrows is what makes her garden so special and shabby chic in my opinion (: 




Look at these purple speckles! 

The best gardens always have a water feature.




Amazing, right?! Hey Martha, House Beautiful, Better Homes and Garden- we're ready for you to stop by!
Really though (: It's magazine worthy.


Next week I'll show you my family's backyard. My mom's been a busy bee out there and it's looking good!
Do you love gardening? 


Love,
Photobucket


PS. Catch me over at Nicole's blog, Bloom!


I simply adore her.  And I'm talking about my two cities...you know- Seattle and the Bay Area! Lots of fun pictures and must-see places! {I didn't even plan that her blog's name is Bloom and I posted on gardens today...really, it's funny how things work out!}
xo

26 comments

  1. I just found your blog through your guest post at Nicole's....and I am in love. I cant wait to read and get to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping over from sweet Nicole's blog and I'm already loving your space, even after just a few posts! Can't wait to read more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can she come plant all that goodness in MY backyard?? Thanks for posting for me, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous garden - I wish ours even look half as beautiful as her's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah best of luck to everyone! I just got back from living in Australia for 6 months and it was the best time of my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Garden and I love all the decorations, is your cousin and her husband leaving to Australia to work or are they just going to travel? My brother is leaving in the next couple days to work for a year with his girl friend. It is crazy how long someone can leave for... you gave me some awesome ideas for their little going away party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mason jars! I'm currently redecorating my room in a beach cottage theme, and I have bags and bags of different seashells and things to decorate with. I used different sized old jars and mason jars with thick white candles just like that, but I filled around the candles with shells before putting the sand in. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Michaela,

    I love mason jars.

    We'll be using them this summer
    for drinking glasses and candles.

    Best,

    Coastal Blue Ocean

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL garden!! I especially love the flowers in the wheel barrow - so cute! :) Mason jars are my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like a GORGEOUS party! and you're so right-it is magazine worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some beautiful pictures! I would love to have a garden some day... but sadly, living in an apartment makes that tough. I just have some plants in pots for now... those will do. (:

    I love that everything was in full bloom. It's so amazing wandering through a garden that's overflowing with growth and blooms. That garden is definitely magazine worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! That backyard was a stunner! Love all the flowers and how manicured everything is. *Love*

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are spot on with that, it is AMAZING!!! Those flower pictures are just gorgeous...kinda makes me wish I didn't kill every green thing in sight (c:

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty what are those long purple flowers they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sooo pretty! It looks like it was such a cute and fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pictures-love the Australia theme-so tasteful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i want your mom to throw me a party.

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous garden!! i think that will be my next hobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. you weren't lying when you said your aunt throws a good party! i'm just trying to keep my daffodil alive sooooo not a gardner! haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwww, looks like a perfect perfect party!! Why wasn't I invited?! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything looks amazing! Love all of those pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. GIRLIE, those FLOWERS!!! wow!! That just brightened my night!! i wanna have a glass of wine out there! xoxo shel

    ReplyDelete
  23. holy fab! looks amazing~ how fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So stinkin' inspiring. I need a live-in gardener or a whole bunch of books--stat!


    Chris Loves Julia
    giving away a seriously luxe area rug over here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Look at those flowers. They are beautiful. I wished I had a green thumb but unfortunately I seem to either water the plants too much or too little.

    My husband would be jealous, he wants to visit Australlia so bad. The only thing he doesn't know is that pop is really expensive there and I believe someone told me that they do not have Dr. Pepper there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top