Cookies in a Jar

Last weekend was my sweet friend, Kayla's, wedding! In addition to something she registered for, I also made her and new husband a little something.  It was simple and cute...and could be used as a gift for multiple occasions! Enter: Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe in a Jar.


Here's what I did:
Get a mason jar and some cute printed paper.  Print the name of the cookies on the paper. Cut it out in a circle and glue it to the top of the mason jar.



Then cut out a rectangle of the same paper, as well as a plain piece to stamp a cute phrase on. I used these little lettered stamps to spell out "Love is Sweet"


Then put the directions of how to finish the recipe on the back of the label. Hole punch the label so you can attach it with a ribbon or string to the mason jar.


 Next I filled a few bowls with the ingredients, just so I could see it all proportioned out.  Then I decided to alternate the colors of ingredients by first adding the flour, then brown sugar, salt, baking soda, sugar, and finally, the chocolate chips.



Here it is all finished! Easy and fun! And hopefully delicious (:


Congrats to Kayla and Josh (:


Have you ever tried a recipe in a jar?
Love,
Photobucket
PS. Here's the recipe I used!
&
I'm partying here:

 Beyond The Picket Fence


40 comments

  1. i loooove this! lucky friends (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this idea before, and I think this was such a great idea for you to put together for them Michaela! So thoughtful! :) I'm sure they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh thanks for the inspiration! I need a birthday gift for a friend this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I have yet to try one of these...I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! oh im sure it's delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I love this idea. It's a great hostess gift or Christmas-time book club/supper club gift! Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why have I never thought of this before?! This is the cutest idea ever!! I'll definitely be doing this now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really cute idea.. I will definitely be using it in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea! Great for teacher gifts or for neighbors/friends who pop in over the holidays!! Easy to make in large batches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an adorable idea! I am sure they are delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen these but never made one. They are a super cute idea. Who doesn't love cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a thoughtful and super sweet gift!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute idea! Love the layered look...very unique and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet and creative. What a dear friend you are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fab idea! And it looks so sweet all packaged up!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soooo fun! I used to make these back in the day. They'd be adorable wedding favors too:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a creative gift! I must try this for one of the upcoming showers I'm attending. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute :) I've done cookies in a jar the past two Christmases for my teacher friends and they love them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea, so sweet. I love the way you designed the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  20. have never seen that before! that is soooo clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is seriously the cutest things I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the recipe in a jar idea...they always look so darling and it is thoughtful *and* functional! Win, win, win! I'm pretty sure you had me at "chocolate" anyways...(c:

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my gosh michaela! ADORABLE, such a fun idea. i want to do this for someone now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely adore this idea and I am going to steal it for sure!! Hope you are resting and recovering swiftly! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a darling idea! I'm sure they absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea...I could probably eat the ingredients straight out of the jar. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I love this!! Definitely stealing this idea for Christmas :) Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i have seen these, but never tried one!! it really is such a cute idea, i should really give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super cute, and of course love the mason jars! You are such a cute friend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are totally the cutest :) Send me one!

    ReplyDelete
  31. when i get married, i'll invite you so you can give me this.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a cute idea!! I would love this. Right now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are just the sweetest person! You put so much though and creativity into your gifts :) Wish you didn't live so far away so we could meet
    (In a non creepy way)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top