Dad's Day

Graduation day,  May 2009.
When I was little I remember this one time I was sitting in the family room, in a little bit of a bad mood. All of a sudden my dad comes come running down the stairs with a laundry basket and pretends to trip and spill all the laundry. Clothes literally went flying everywhere. My frown had suddenly turned upside down, as I started erupting with little girl giggles. He risked getting hurt, just to stumble and make me laugh. Not sure if it was the clothes flying everywhere or if it was him actually falling that really got me.  My dad was my hero.


And he continues to be each day.  Thank you dad, for making me laugh, setting up "tents" in the family room at the town house, for lifting me up to score baskets in a game of bball because I couldn't reach, for listening to me, for not getting mad at me for that speeding ticket, for providing for me, allowing me to go to SPU, and for continually supporting and encouraging me in my career path.


I'm so blessed that God chose YOU to be my dad.  That He hand picked YOU to be Colin and I's dad. I'm so grateful for you and mom instilling in us a good work ethic, family values, and most of all, for teaching us about Christ and His love for us.


  I love you more than you'll know.
Happy Father's day, Dad! And happy birthday tomorrow, too! (:
Love,
Photobucket

18 comments

  1. Happy Father's Day to your Dad! I know he must be a great one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww what an incredibly sweet post.

    Maybe someday I'll suggest that laundry basket thing to my future husband! cause ya now, I probably would break a bone if I attempted it ; )

    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! Love the laundry basket story! I hope you and your dad have the best day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet post! happy father's day to your dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww such an adorable pic of you and your Daddy :) Hope you guys have a wonderful day celebrating!

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet post. your dad sounds like an amazing father. Hope you and your family have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Happy Dad's Day to him and Birthday tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww so sweet! Your dad sounds like a great man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw so sweet! Love your blog, just found it and I'm your newest follower!
    xo
    Erin

    pinkandpolos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, sweet girl! Your dad sounds amazing, you are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How precious! Love that cute little story about your dad making you laugh. Sounds like one heck of a dad!

    Happy Father's day to your daddy! I'm sure he is so proud of you, doll!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww what a cute story!
    Happy Father's day to your papa :)
    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the kind words Michaela. I love you too!

    I've recycled the laundry prank a few times, but it never seems to work as well as it did that first time.

    Remember that "illustration" that you should never take yourself too seriously.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  14. be blessed girl! this is a sweet post. I'm sure your dad would love to read it.

    ♥cheche

    http://savedthrulove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SO adorable! What a wonderful daddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely and sweet post! I am so blessed by your dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top