A DIY for a Rainy Day

This past week I found the cutest umbrella paper at Meadow Boutique! I can't pass up a darling printed craft paper, so of course it came home with me. I knew I could put it to good use on a rainy day...what with the umbrellas and all :) Lately I have been dreaming of a small tray to place on my dresser. I just love the way a tray can make a couple of things on a dresser turn into the perfect vignette.  I knew this umbrella paper would be the icing on the cake to the new small white tray I picked up at West Elm. Just the right amount of color and pattern!
Here's how I did it...


SUPPLIES:
Tray, paper, scissors, tape, tape measure.



Step 1: Measure the tray, then measure the paper out.



Step 2: Cut out the paper!

 

Step 3: I used rolled pieces of tape to adhere the paper to the tray.  Just in case I want to change the paper out at a later date {you know, when I don't live in the city where it rains 9 months out of the year!}, this was a good and very easy way to preserve the tray.


Final Product:


I also framed a piece of the paper and used a white board marker to write some of my favorite lyrics! On the tray is a Anthropologie bowl, frame and ice cream sundae cup adorned with some jewelry.


This was such a simple and quick little DIY!
  Have you done any DIY projects lately? Do share in the comments!


**My amazing photographer friend Tori of Victoria Carlson Photography took all these beautiful photos for me...aren't they lovely?! Tori and I will be teaming up to bring you lots more loveliness. Be sure to check out her awesome photo blog. If you're looking for a photographer in the Seattle area...she's your girl**


I'm sharing this post with Amanda from Serenity Now and Jen from Tatertots & Jello.
Happy Tuesday :)
Love,
Photobucket
PS. Head on over to Creative Index for a special little discount from me to you for my e-design services :)

27 comments

  1. that is so cute and happy! i love the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the paper and that tray! i wonder if they have it online, it's simple the perfect size and been looking for something like that forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper so much, it's so beautiful! I love how it's just taped in as well so you can change it out as time goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little project! Love that paper, great find!
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! And that umbrella paper is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loooove me some Todd Agnew! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable, I love it! Also seriously loving the layout of this post with the umbrella paper numbers...you are just fabulous :) Have a great day! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's super adorable. I love the paper. I've been talking about getting/making a tray for years... something just to have around for whatever I needed it for, but I haven't gotten to it yet! haha! Have a good Tuesday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this project! I could actually do this one and I may just have to :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cute umbrella paper!! And it looks great on the tray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO pretty! Great job. I love that paper you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the way you spiced up the west elm tray! I should take notes for my big one that currently resides on the ottoman ;) Happy tuesday XXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the way you spiced up the west elm tray! I should take notes for my big one that currently resides on the ottoman ;) Happy tuesday XXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable Michaela! I love that you can swap it out for different papers or designs. The umbrellas are perfect for rainy Seattle! Xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great project! I love trays! Thanks for sharing this !

    Xo,

    Sam
    Www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That paper is SO cute! Plus I love yellow and gray together!

    You always have the best DIYs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. M, you're the cutest. But you make me want to go out and buy everything and make things. Love your DIYs.
    Keep it up love,
    Lyss

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! Love the umbrella paper!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am still so obsessed with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love the umbrella paper.

    Designs by Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute (and easy) DIY that has so much impact! LOVE it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute and easy to do. I love the unbrealla paper. Hopefully Seattle get a better weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is like the cutest thing ever! I can't wait to do this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's so cute! I love that the paper has little umbrellas in it - perfect for Seattle!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a clever idea!! Love the print you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  26. finally got the chance to work on this diy! yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top