DIY Body Scrub

Hey ladies! We made it to Friday. How was your week? If it was a little rough and you want to do something simple and inexpensive to pamper yourself this weekend {or if it was great and you still want to pamper!}, I'm here to help. I'm your typical girly-girl who loves getting her nails done, treating herself to a facial once and a while, and of course, trying at-home beauty secrets. My friend Michelle, who works at Skana Spa in Upstate New York, sent me over this awesome recipe for a DIY Body Scrub. I tried it out last weekend and totally loved it.  You should definitely try it, too! I used it on my hands and feet and it made my skin soft as a baby's tush.  Promise.  I finished it off with my favorite lavender lotion from Trader Joes, but you can use whatever you'd like of course!  

Just in case you're wondering, you can buy sea salt at most grocery stores, but I got mine at Whole Foods.  Also, just brew a small bit of chamomile tea (like a 1/4 cup) and then scoop one or two spoon fulls into your scrub.  It smells great and helps sooth dry or sensitive skin.  Give it a whirl :)


*all images by michaela noelle designs

Let me know if you try it!

Hope you have a relaxing weekend! My good friend from home is coming to visit me this weekend. I simply can't wait. Hooray for showing one of my BFF's around LA! If you live in the area, what places do you think we absolutely have to visit?!

TGIF!
xoxo
Photobucket
PS. You can also catch me over at my friend Hannah's blog, Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget, sharing my money saving tips for putting together my bedroom!

20 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so awesome! i'll have to give it a try.
    kw ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! i love homemade beauty stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making my own at-home beauty products..it's always cheaper and usually works just as well. This is a great recipe!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! This sounds wonderful! And I bet it smells even better, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to try! I've been needing a good body scrub.

    Corbynn
    thesistersinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking for a good recipe to use to make a body scrub! I'm so glad you shared this! I just love using natural stuff over store bought!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great, easy scrub to try! And I have all the ingredients, too!

    You must show your friend Robertson Blvd! Even if it's just to window shop, it's such a pretty street and has all the fun shops. Brunch at Alcove Cafe in Los Feliz is great, as is Tart on Fairfax! A trip to the museums would be good too, walking through LACMA on a sunny day is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Thank you for all the advice. We will definitely stop by Robertson. I work on the corner of Melrose and Robertson. Tart?! Never heard of it, but maybe we'll try it!! Thank you!!!

      Delete
  9. Ohhh, I want to try this!! I think y'all should come to the real LA... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely need to try this scrub! I'm pretty sure I have all the ingredients at home! Yay!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com
    Blog, Inc. Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best part- we have it in our cupboards already!! :)

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for posting this, Michaela! Natural and homemade goodies are something I've really been getting into lately -- can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I instantly liked your blog, very inspiring. And I am interested to advertise on your blog.

    XOX - Riri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will have to try it. Elie made Kate and I some for Christmas and we love it. Perfect for getting rid of dry winter skin. Sing was awesome! You need to come next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love finding new home DIY body scrubs. I can never bring myself to pay retail for one. I will definitely be trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all so beautiful! I LOVE the walnut doors set against the warmth of a stone wall. Gorgeous....very welcoming indeed. I can envision myself lingering outside for quite sometime enjoying the beauty of these recipe and the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top