Thankful Challenge

*all images by michaela noelle designs

It's been a while since I did a post continuing in my 1000 Gifts Challenge.  To catch you up, I've taken the challenge to come up with 1000 things I'm thankful for, thanks to Ann Voskamp's beautifully written book, One Thousand Gifts.  I believe the root to joy is thanksgiving, and the thief of joy is ungratefulness, so here is my thankful list as of lately...

- An amazing weekend with one of my best friends - the ocean, bright blue and foaming white, reminding me of God's power
- a job I genuinely LOVE and am excited about driving to {yes, even in the traffic} each day
- living in a city with so many opportunities
- trips to the beach with my mama
- cuddling with our pup on the couch...nothing sweeter
- friends who love Jesus and keep me encouraged
- my friends and family's health
-this precious friend of mine had a beautiful and healthy baby girl
- fun things in the near future...namely, my trip to Michigan to visit my best friend who is newly expecting a sweet baby!!!
- God's perfect timing and being reminded of it time and time again
- freshly baked blueberry muffins
- a new love of cooking up little things in the kitchen
- bachelor monday's with my roommate (read: wine, cupcakes & 2 hours of a really cute guy on tv :))



It's funny how writing out little joys keeps you grounded and grateful for where you are in the present.  What about you? What's on your thankful list today?
Have a blessed day!
xoxo
Photobucket
PS. I'm honored to be featured on the adorably chic wedding blog, Oh Lovely Day, sharing my DIY Ribbon Backdrop. Stop by and check it out and stay awhile to gaze at all the pretty happening on Chandra's blog :)

17 comments

  1. I loved her book. I need to start my list...thanks for the reminder. The girls will be heading to MI in March to see their grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures!

    i love writing out all that i'm thankful for too! it really helps to make you see just all the good in your life vs the bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are gorgeous...you're such a beach babe! I love hearing what you're thankful for, too. Such a sweet sentiment!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous photos! i have the gap dress on the left and adore it. she looks fab in it!
    kw ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post M! I'd be so grateful to live in a place looking as heavenly as that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post, and love your thankful heart! I am also soo thankful for those friendships in my life that are centered on Jesus. I always feel His love so strongly when I am with those people, or even when I'm reading their blogs :)

    Hope you have a wonderful and blessed day beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post & such a lovely idea :) Today, I am feeling most thankful for my wonderful husband who believes in me & supports me in my dreams & goals...seriously love that man! XO Brynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like this post. :) that beach looks so lovely. i am thankful for zac and his sweet family and our pups. oh and that i'm going to LA this weekend. i hope the weather will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that y'all had a great weekend!! These pictures are awesome. I want to come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to say that your blog is such an inspiration! THank you for writing with such honesty. This is a beautiful reminder of all the things I should be thankful for. We too often focus on the bad rather than the good and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the most beautiful things about you, is your heart. You seem to have a maturity beyond your years, and you have a kind spirit :] Beautiful Pictures, the beach looks so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always hear such wonderful things about Ann Voskamp. I've never read any of her books myself, but I have caught a devotional here and there. I'll have to get this book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm doing that challenge as well! I loved the book! Making my own gift list continues to be a powerful tool to change my perspective. I have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this. I'm keeping a 1,000 gifts list on my blog too. I definitely felt a change in myself (and my life!) when I started looking and being thankful for the small beauties in every day. :) God is (and life is) so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am doing this challenge! My last post reached 500 things to be thankful for and I haven't done a post since. I need to get on that again!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. andreamontgomery.comFebruary 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM

    I'm doing this as well. Love it! There is a free iPhone app that makes it really fun as well - holds photos and posts for your lists. It truly is a perspective-changing lifestyle, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top