Apartment Progress: A Bookshelf for the Living Room


Although my apartment isn't done, I love sharing sneak peeks with you each week! This week it's all about my new bookcase from the incredible online resource, 55 Downing Street. I think I've mentioned a time or two that I'm completely taken with styling bookshelves. I may or may not have already redone this very bookshelf a few times. I just can't help it! 

I knew I needed something tall to go in this space, as the ceilings are vaulted, so I hung the curtains about a foot and half above the top of the window molding to draw the eye up even more. The bookshelf perfectly fills the space and although it's not 100% styled yet (the blank canvas on the bottom shelf…I need to find time to paint that!) Since I was going for an eclectic, feminine feel with touches of shabby chic, I think the weathered finish is right on! Take a look at the new bookshelf:




Not sure what I want to do with that round mirror leaning behind the stack of books. I might actually hang it above the stack of books. Thoughts?!



DETAILS | Weathered Wood Bookcase / "M" Letter / Gold Lanterns / Gold CurtainsBooks / Watercolor Print

What do you think of the bookshelf? I'm sort of obsessed. I can't wait to show it to you, alongside all the other pieces in the room. Soon, friends, soon!! 55 Downing Street is apart of Lamps Plus, and I am SO impressed by their extensive pieces of furniture, decor and more. If you're looking for new things for your home, give them a look as they have something for every price point!

I hope you're having a great week! I'm busy getting the FINAL details ready for Friday's Bloom Workshop. I can't wait to meet all the gal's smiling faces. 

Happy Wednesday!
xoxo
Photobucket
interior design website / services / portfolio

NOTEMichaela was gifted her bookcase  in exchange for promoting 55 Downing Street. Thank you for supporting shops and creatives Michaela Noelle Designs truly loves.

11 comments

  1. Perfect Michaela. Love the finish as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! And I'm kind of jealous your 'M' from Anthro will stand by itself haha my 'B' would just roll everywhere :) I would totally hang that little mirror - I've been considering doing something similar in my room behind a bookshelf. Can't wait to see the full space! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, your apartment is coming along so nicely, can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great M!! Love the rustic feel it gives the room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bookshelf and curtains! It's nice to see all your ideas as I will be decorating a new apartment soon (yet again). :) Love you friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing all the pictures of your place coming together! It's so cute! I want to live there!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michaela, can you also source the curtain rods? They appear to be lucite and are so cute! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're actually just silver metallic and the knobs are clear glass. They're from Lowe's! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top