Fashion: Winter Weather Uniform










Have I ever mentioned how seriously cold it is here in Michigan? As most of you know, I grew up in California, then went to college in Seattle, and now live in West Michigan. Wow, am I ever glad I went to Seattle first before coming here! It was like a really good in-between of temperatures, and mildly prepared me for what to expect in Michigan. I think it's been under 30 degrees for weeks now, and I'm pretty certain it's not going up for many, many weeks (or months-- help me!)

How do I cope, you might ask? REALLY warm coats, layer like it's no one's business, stay inside and drink lots of tea, wear waterproof boots if I go outside, repeat

The key to staying warm outside is layers. Pictured above: jeans, sweater, coat, boots, socks, gloves. Not pictured above: cuddle duds under my jeans, a long sleeve shirt AND cami under my sweater, two pairs of socks, and the ear muffs that I wore outside to get this picture taken. It's a really big production to just walk out the door for me, clearly ;)

I thought I would round up a few of my favorite winter coats, sweaters, and other warm gear, since most of what I'm wearing above is sold out. I have found lots of options that are similar!

Coats:



Eddie Bauer and Macy's also have a great selection!

Sweaters:





Scarves:



Gloves:




Boots & Socks:





Even if you don't need new pieces this winter, buy them now as a lot of the items are on sale already! You can prepare for next winter :)

What do you do to stay warm if you're in a colder climate? Don't forget to check out my valentine's day gift guide for the ladies here.

Happy Monday!
xoxo

Photobucket

4 comments

  1. Michaela, you are absolutely adorable! I feel like no matter what I do, I cannot stay warm at work, so I keep a blanket under my desk and drink wayyy too much tea throughout the day!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the matching denim and hunters! So cute! And I drink my herbal tea all day long too stay warm, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fashion sense and pictures! So fun, cute and vibrant :)

    Thanks for sharing and I am loving the bun look!

    Lauren
    www.lbdesigns1.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this winter look! These pictures make me so sad that there is zero snow where we are!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top