Monday, February 2, 2015

Fashion: Winter Weather Uniform

Have I ever mentioned how seriously cold it is here in Michigan? As most of you know, I grew up in California, then went to college in Seattle, and now live in West Michigan. Wow, am I ever glad I went to Seattle first before coming here! It was like a really good in-between of temperatures, and mildly prepared me for what to expect in Michigan. I think it's been under 30 degrees for weeks now, and I'm pretty certain it's not going up for many, many weeks (or months-- help me!)

How do I cope, you might ask? REALLY warm coats, layer like it's no one's business, stay inside and drink lots of tea, wear waterproof boots if I go outside, repeat

The key to staying warm outside is layers. Pictured above: jeans, sweater, coat, boots, socks, gloves. Not pictured above: cuddle duds under my jeans, a long sleeve shirt AND cami under my sweater, two pairs of socks, and the ear muffs that I wore outside to get this picture taken. It's a really big production to just walk out the door for me, clearly ;)

I thought I would round up a few of my favorite winter coats, sweaters, and other warm gear, since most of what I'm wearing above is sold out. I have found lots of options that are similar!


Eddie Bauer and Macy's also have a great selection!




Boots & Socks:

Even if you don't need new pieces this winter, buy them now as a lot of the items are on sale already! You can prepare for next winter :)

What do you do to stay warm if you're in a colder climate? Don't forget to check out my valentine's day gift guide for the ladies here.

Happy Monday!



  1. Michaela, you are absolutely adorable! I feel like no matter what I do, I cannot stay warm at work, so I keep a blanket under my desk and drink wayyy too much tea throughout the day!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

  2. Love the matching denim and hunters! So cute! And I drink my herbal tea all day long too stay warm, too :)

  3. I love your fashion sense and pictures! So fun, cute and vibrant :)

    Thanks for sharing and I am loving the bun look!


  4. I'm loving this winter look! These pictures make me so sad that there is zero snow where we are!



Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Pin It button on image hover