I Pinky Promise

Happy New Year!
{It's Sparkling Cider, people!}


One reason I started a blog was to document my life in writing and pictures, capturing the moments I don't want to forget and the things I love.  I may really bite myself in the bootie with this post, because today I'm going to let you in on my New Year's Resolutions.  It's probably a good thing, though, because now you can keep me accountable! I'm going to do my best to:

1. Drink more water.  This should go well, since I just got a new water bottle with a straw attached.  Did you know if you have a water bottle with a pop top or straw you will actually drink more?! CHECK.

2. Do everything most things without complaining.  This includes dishes, cleaning, school work, going with the flow when plans get changed etc...

3. Always have fresh flowers in my house.  They always bring me, and other's in my home, joy. (I'm convinced.) 

4.  Absorb knowledge on how to run my own business.  Ask my dad questions as to what makes his business thrive.  This may entail brushing up on some math skills.

5. Pay for the person's starbucks behind me more often.

6. Encourage girls to be confident in themselves and passionate about what they love.  Go for your dreams, work hard with determination and integrity, and God will bless your willing spirit.

7. Put my heart and soul into an internship this summer...First I need to find one! 

8. Take my vitamins. For real this time.  I need my Vitamin D.

9. Visit at least one of my 5 best friends at their college.

10. Spend more time in God's word; learning how to become more like Jesus, and a better woman of the Lord.

11. Bake more cupcakes.

12. Spend less, give more.

13. Choose Joy, always.

14. Exercise more frequently.  {This won't be hard to accomplish, seeing as I barely ever do this now.  There's something boring about going to the gym.  Anyone with me?}

15. Paint more often.

16.  Learn more about my Canon and take lots of pictures!

17.  Work on my OCD/germ freak tendencies.  Not everything needs to be perfect.  {I will keep repeating this to myself. Over. And over. And over.} 

18.  Only invest in clothing I need and that is of good quality.

19.  Put other's before myself.

20.  Serve people, live fully and love better; enjoying life and thanking the One who gave it to me.


Like I said, I'm going to do my very best to keep all 20 of these things in mind.  I pinky promise.  And that clearly tells you I'm serious about it (:

What are you resolving to do this year?

Much love to all of you in this coming year! I can't wait to continue growing in friendship and learning from you all (:


Love and Happy New Year,

26 comments

  1. Wow-these are all great Michaela...makes me want to go back and change some of mine ;) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! You can tell that you really thought about your resolutions. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your resolutions about being closer to God...I'm pretty sure I need that, too! My favorite is your Starbucks resolution, though, it is so sweet! (c: Good Luck, girlie!

    http://loveallthingsbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so cute! Happy new year, and good luck with all of your resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I love your list, it's magical! You made some very wise choices and I think your passion falls off the pages! I wish you the best of luck on your list for 2011!

    I'm going to go start mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaawww... #5 is so sweet!
    I see a few of my own in your wonderful list of resolutions: definitely complaining less, buying less but higher quality, visiting friends, cooking more, learning how to use my new Nikon and getting some exercise are up there!
    Good luck and happy happy New Year!

    http://idlefascination.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe... Bake more cupcakes!!!

    -Im with ya on that one :)

    Happy New Years to you Michaela!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Michaela! I hope you enjoyed the holidays! All the bestin 2011!!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great list! i usually don't make resolutions because i'm so bad at keeping them! haha. happy 2011! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year Sweet Girl! I can see we have quite a few of the same resolutions...we can keep each other in check. Oh, and those water bottles are to die for!! My youngest who plays volleyball and is obsessed with water carries hers everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! I'm with ya on the internship! My deadline is in Feb! ack!!!!!

    Best of luck in 2011 <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful resolutions! I love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful resolutions, my dear friend! I exercise frequently, but I need to EAT better in 2011. I just love chocolate, ice cream, cookies and sweets too much! I would love to be 10 lbs lighter. I think I would just feel better! I also like the one about Starbucks! I have never even thought about doing something like that...but I love it. Can you imagine? Something small like that could totally make a person's day. Good idea, love. :) :) :)

    XO,
    Jenna

    P.S.
    I am also a HUGE germ-phobic. But I don't think I can change that...eeek! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some wonderful resolutions! I too should drink more water! Definitely on my list! And I loved having fresh flowers in my apartment as much as possible. Always a help! And I'm so glad you want to "pay it forward" more often! You're such a great person for having such selfless resolutions!
    Cheers to you sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michaela, I just love you. You are SO sweet and I always am inspired after reading your posts. I love #5...yay! Haha. : ) Love the one about baking more cupcakes and doing "most" things without complaining! I am totally with you on the germ freak level, as you already know! And I basically hate the gym with my whole heart. You are such a sweet woman and I can't wait to see what happens with you in 2011.

    PS: I really didn't know that if you had a straw, you'd drink more. Maybe I need to start putting a straw in my water...I never ever drink water!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could have been as responsible as you are when I was your age...I have told you before that I love you to death because you are such a sweet heart, and I think of my 10 year old daughter when I read your posts...You are a dream that all of us mothers hope our daughter's will be when they are your age...

    By the way, I can relate to your number 17. You have no idea how bad I am. Sami (my 10 year old) and I have a ritual in public restrooms. We always tear the first piece of TP off the roll and throw it in the toilet in case it had dragged on the floor. After we wash our hands we have a ritual if there isn't a trash can by the door. I wash mine, open the door with the paper towel, then Sami brings the towels to the trash while I hold the door open with my shoulder. We are pretty comical to watch. When she isn't with me, I have to resort to putting my sleeve over my hand to open the door. Grosses me out, but it's the only choice....UGH! What am I teaching my children...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AH! cute picture at the bottom :) I LOVE all of your resolutions! I've actually learned about number 1 too! My fiance got me a water bottle for Christmas and I drink out of it nonstop and I feel a lot better drinking more water! I also love the bake more cupcakes resolution! I definitely want to see those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow these are some wonderful resolutions! Some of the best most heartfelt ones that I have read this year.I believe the Lord will help you do all of them.
    Have a Wonderfully Blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic list of resolutions!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally agree with you about fresh flowers! And that's so interesting about water bottles with straws or pop tops! Good to know!

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The gym is super boring, I heart cupcakes, water rocks, fresh flowers make me smile and I choose joy!!! They are all great my dear. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a wonderful and inspiring list!!!! thank you for sharing, and motivating me to follow your lead too!

    and I love your gallery wall and fabric shelves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top