Fashion Friday #31: The Hills are Alive

...in Seattle when the sun comes out.

Last weekend was by far the warmest day since being here. My beautiful roommate, Jacque, and I went and spent some time in the sun. What a perfect location for Fashion Friday! So with that, I give you what I wore...






Two side braids joined in the back with bobby pins. Easy-try it!




Shirt: Anthropologie
Jeans: Vigos
Shoes: Queen Anne, Disbatch
Sunglasses: Fake Coach. That's how I roll.


Let's discuss make up and skin care.
I'm partial to a few things.  When it comes to make up, I'm real simple. So, I don't spend money on makeup. Definitely more of an investor in clothes.  Concealer, light dusting of foundation, and blush. {And if we're being honest, I'm also using bronzer right now, per my mom's advice, because apparently I don't get enough sun here or something.}
Then I do eye liner and mascara and lip gloss. That's it. I can do it in under 10 minutes!


Covergirl Concealer: under eyes, on eye lids {so your eye lids and face are the same color!}


Bare Essentials Foundation



Covergirl Blush: I always choose a brighter color because I love rosy pink cheeks (:
Bed Head Eyeliner: I love liquid eye liner because I have a lot of control. And if it doesn't come out how I want it first, I wet a Q-tip and make it perfect!


Double Lash Extend Mascara: 2 coats, brushing it on to both sides of my lashes {top and bottom}

Then at the end of the day, I wash it all off with my favorite product of all time: Dermalogica
I used to have blotchy skin and it's been so clear ever since I started using the face wash {daily}, scrub {3 times a week}, and mask {2 times a week}.  Amazing.  Needless to say, I highly recommend it!

What about you? What do you use?

And...how's the weather in your neck of the woods? Hope you all have a tornado-free weekend (:

PS. The sweet Jenna highlighted Meadow boutique! Stop by and say hello (:

Love and Fashion Friday,

25 comments

  1. I'm pretty simple myself.
    My morning used to consist of no foundation or powder but since the scar left on my mouth from an allergic reaction I had to make adjustments.

    Mascara, nudepink lipgloss or lipstick or both, and powder around my mouth area.

    I use the green and pink mascara right now. I forget the brand but they're oldschool and faithful and CHEAP. lol

    Bare Essentials foundation powder for the mouth.

    And makeup forever nude pink lipstick.
    Or Buxom nude pink lipgloss

    and once in a while i'll line my lower lashes with a pretty deep blue by makeupforevers aqualiner collection...

    All done in about 5 minutes in my car on the way to work. Got to love stoplights. hahaha

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  2. My makeup routine is a bit longer...I'm a bit of a product junkie haha I'll have to do a post on that soon.

    The weather here has been rainy and gloomy, but I think the sun might be peaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday!!! I don't spend money on make up either . . .clothes all the way! MAC lip gloss and some mascara are my best friends! Happy Friday, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen that brand Dermalogica, everywhere. Is it really that great? I'm curious to try it. Beautiful pictures! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your make-up routine sounds exactly like mine! Very simple, quick, and I don't spend a lot of money on the makeup. I recently switched to Bare Minerals and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i use to have bad acne so I started to use the clear wash by dermalogica..I been using it for about 5-6 yrs now and still loving it. I havent use their other products though and wish it was a bit cheaper :(

    have a great weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love learning about everyone's makeup routine. i'm pretty basic too and am totally addicted to liquid liner.

    have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Clinique products myself (although I just switched and am trying a mac foudnation-- it definitely lasts longer [I think i touch my face too much] but it's definitely heavier). I'm a fan of MAC "phloof" eyeshadow and their "Dip Down Brown" cream eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The jeans are great! Love them! You love Anthropologie as much as I do! Isn't it the best!

    http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. this post makes me so excited to go to Seattle! Looks like such a nice day and you're adorable!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with those adorable flats!!

    Oh how I wish I had more clear skin, but it seems like no matter what I use to clean/maintain my skin it never helps. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful views! I LOVE the third picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, lovely lovely as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pics girl...glad the sun is shining.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What are those things covering your eyes? I almost didn't recognize you.

    My Naturalpath said to take 4,000mg of vitamin a day living here. Crazy!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The view couldn't be more beautiful...what a great place to spend a sunny day! And I always love a good recommendation, I think I might need to go pick up that Dermalogica line (c: Happy Weekend, my dear, keep that cute smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm like you.. simple when it comes to makeup. Sometimes I pretend I'm cool and branch out with a fun eyeshadow. But let's be real. It sits unused.

    Creature of habit, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the braids! you look adorable, looks like such a sunny beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am simple when it comes to the makeup too. You look fab, and those shoes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are just stinking adorable!! Hooray for a sunny day!! I am a simple girl, too. I use basically everything that you use, plus moisturizer and SPF.

    ReplyDelete
  21. im back, im back!! Dont worry. I am here. and officially back to admiring your hair, and now that shirt.

    lets gchat, skype, or fb chat soon okay????

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look adorable Michaela!!! As usual...hope you have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wear the same blush and have for many years! Rosy cheeks look the best!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look amazing! Love your hair like that. And those shoes are fab! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful, beautiful pictures! I am obsessed with Neutrogena foundation and powders and Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner with any kind of black lengthening/volumizing mascara :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top