Beach Towns & Sour Candies

I thought I'd share a few more pictures from our day trip to Carmel from last weekend.
Aside from the beautiful beaches...

And stunning houses...

The town is quite adorable, too! The flowers are always perfectly groomed and colorful. Here's a little hotel on the down town street:




They also have a small mall, but it does not disappoint.  Anthropologie is there! Here's their new window display:
 I think it could be an inspiration for some great DIY projects.  Maybe curtains or something fun!


I'm also still in love with this idea:

Down the street {past our favorite Coach outlet!}, is this little gem:


The Cottage of Sweets!  Hansel and Gretel anyone?


We picked up some gummies for my best friend who left back to school, some licorice ropes for my mom, a chocolate covered pretzel {which was promptly scarfed down in the car on the way home...} and my very favorite strawberry sour strips! For some reason I'm addicted to the quick chills sour candies give you, then the relieving sweetness immediately after.

I came home that night, sour candies in hand, and watched Modern Family as my face mask dried.
I promise I'm holding the sour candies, not a worm.
Trust me, a color picture would have scared you away. As if this black and white one didn't (;


Sadly, I polished off the last strawberry sour just a few seconds ago.  Just means we have to go back real soon.  Got that, Mom?  Ah, how I love this beach town. When I grow up, I want to live here.


Enjoy your Thursday!
Love,
Photobucket

PS.
I am...


Email me if you're interested in advertising
michaelawarner90@gmail.com
xo

23 comments

  1. my mouth literally watered at the idea of sour candied. they are my favorite. the candy here kinda sucks....sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! I love the bright flowers everywhere, I can definitely see why you would want to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous town! You captured some gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! i think you look fabulous with your mask on! and i love, love, love sour candy! its the best! such a great post - im loving all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg that house looks amazing!! I love rustic looking homes that are in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are cute. with that face mask too! and, carmel looks so pleasant! also...yes, the anthro displays-phenom. always....ah....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carmel looks like such a great place...I love that hotel courtyard, so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Carmel and have been to that little hotel with the blue railings. Looks like you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I LOVE Carmel...we're going next weekend {as you know!}. Any restaurant suggestions?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carmel is so beautiful. Looks like a fun little trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos ! Its so gorgeous there.

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post... I love sour candies too! Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like some place I will have to visit! Very charming and who doesn't love a good sweets shop! I guess last weekend was a foody type weekend. I went on a bakery crawl for my birthday, so if you ever need to know of a good place to get a cannoli or pizza in San Fran just let me know... or check out my recent blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This makes me want to live in Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, I love sour candy too. Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I heart sour candy and would have spent a lot of time in that shop. That white house is so lovely. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am in the midst of planning our family get-together there next year. Isn't Carmel divine? I could spend all day walking down the side steets and admiring the architecture. (And trying to get a peek in the windows too!)
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cuuuute town!! I want to go! And the candy store... ADORABLE!!! It would be worth it to move there JUST for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Carmel! It is such a pretty and quaint town and the beaches are beautiful. Looks like you had a great time! I haven't been in quite a few years. I need to plan a little getaway with my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ah how i adore all these fantastic picts! what a dreamy town~ and of course nothing is better than a lil modern family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have seen you post about Carmel before...BEAUTIFUL! I am totally vacationing there someday because of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top