Homemade Facial

Because of the direction of my blog, I've been thinking a lot lately. My blog isn't primarily a fashion blog, {and there are tons of amazing fashion blogs out there!} I think I'm going to start taking Fashion Friday in a new direction. I'll still be doing some outfit posts, but just not every Friday. Ya know, to keep you guessing (: I hope that's okay! 


Today, I'm mixing it up. And I mean that quite literally.
I recently came across a recipe to make your own at home facial, so I gave it a whirl! Here's what you need:


1 Banana
1 tspn Honey
A pinch of lemon or lime


First, wash your face! I swear by dermalogica. This is their basic face wash:


Then, mix up your ingredients:

oh yum....


Next, apply the mask.  This picture will remain small for obvious reasons! This is far past embarrassing, but how could I not post the picture of the end result?! It's definitely less terrifying in black and white. And don'tcha worry, the chunks are bananas...not skin issues!
can we still be friends? (:

I could only stand to leave my on for around 5-8 minutes because of the weird texture, but when I washed it off, let me tell ya...my face was as soft as a baby bootie.


I finished off my face with a moisturizer and this awesome spot treatment. It's a sulfur cream that you put on blemishes over night and it totally helps clear up the problem areas. Life saver!


So, that's how I spent my Thursday evening (:  Give it a try!


Do you know any other at home facial recipes? Do tell!
Happy weekend, loves! What are you doing? I'm super excited to share a few things next week I've been working on lately.
Love,
Photobucket


PS. The winner of the Meadow giveaway is #25 Allie from

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust

&
The winner of the Dear Lillie t-shirt giveaway is #12 Kerri from 

Woohoo (: So excited for both of you! Email me at michaelawarner90@gmail.com to claim your prizes.
xo

17 comments

  1. this is great Michaela! I def need to try a mask like this and I may use this since my skin has been really dry lately..and ou swear by Derma? Maybe I'll try that too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing new things on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness I MUST try this :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a recipe for one with sugar and an egg white - i'm nervous!!! and girl, you look adorable even with bananas all smeared on your face ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to try a homemade mask for a while now! I actually looked up some 'recipes' last week but was still nervous about trying it. Glad to know it works! ;) Have a wonderful weekend sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh that looks great! I've been looking for a homemade mask, I think I need to try this one out - I have almost all the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to keep us on our toes and guessing what you're going to do each Friday! (:

    This looks like fun, but I'm always really hesitant to try new things with my skin because it's so darn sensitive. I've tried a few different skin regimens lately, and the most simple things usually work best. I love the idea of making face masks at home instead of spending tons of money on something that may not work! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dermalogica is my absolute favorite...I only use their products but that mask sounds nice ! I'll have to give it a try !

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, we are still friends (c: I have to say that I'm strangely intrigued by this concoction...I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to try this one this weekend...heaven knows my skin needs the help! Have a good one, M!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband always makes fun of me when I'm wearing a face mask:-) They are sooo worth it though! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to try this! I have super sensitive skin, but I think it might stand up to this. :) Have a good weekend m'dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually don't do this stuff because my face is sensitive, but I could totally do this natural one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love masks and this one sounds perfect for my sensitive skin. I will give it a try! Congratulations to the winners. Have a great weekend, Michaela.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dermalogica seriously is amazing, I use their sunburn stuff, because I burn really easily. After one day of putting it on, the burn is already gone, I swear.
    It's amazing, I didn't know they had face stuff though, I'm going to have to try it!
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait, I don't see how much rum to add... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got great points there, so I always visit your site, it looks like you are an expert in this field. keep up the good work, My friend recommends your site.

    My blog:
    rachat credit ligne www.rachatdecredit.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds wonderful, and bet it smells yummy too. Sorry I haven't been by much, with the start of volleyball and school (tmrw), things have been super crazy. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top