The Gift of Thoughtfulness



It doesn't take much to make me smile normally, but this past week was rough.  There's nothing worse than waking up and realizing our puppy wasn't going to be waiting for us while we ate our breakfast. 
Yesterday, though, I went to get the mail and came back from the mailbox beaming. A package came and it was addressed to me! {always fun to get something in the mail, right?!} In the package was a sweet and very thoughtful gift...an angel holding a puppy.  Tears of good memories, happiness, and an overwhelming sense of someone else thinking of me, hit me all at once.  Shasta is our little angel, so it's a perfect little figurine. She's on my desk and to say I adore her would be an understatement. 


I'd give anything to squeeze our doggie like that one more time.


Maggie, the sweet blogger who sent it to me... I cannot thank you enough for this kind gesture. You truly knew how to make me smile. Thank you for the joy you passed on to me. There's nothing like a bloggy friend to cheer you up and gift you with something you'll treasure forever.


I'm going to try to pay it forward and do something out of the ordinary for someone I come in contact with this week. Won't you join me?! Together, we can make someone's day by gifting them with thoughtfulness!


Happy Sunday!
Love,
Photobucket

16 comments

  1. What a sweet gesture, and the perfect gift to remember sweet Shasta! Have a blessed Sunday Michaela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet. So sorry to hear about your dog. So sad. I'll join you and pay it forward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the sweetest thing! Love those angels. I miss Shasta too. So sorry, doll.

    Love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you M. Such a sweet gesture, I see I've got some competition in the best friend department now though ;) Love you always <3
    LYSS

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was absolutely the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet and thoughtful gift. So sorry about your dog, but happy that the blogging community is here to cheer you up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet! I love those angels. My mom got a few of them from friends when she was diagnosed and they really do lift your spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that you loved it! And such a great challenge--thoughtfulness is something everyone needs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is SO sweet ! Really nice of maggie to send that to you.

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww... so sweet. Such a wonderful reminder of your puppy. Glad you got something to make you smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michaela, I just want you to know how sorry I truly am for your loss. You know I've already told you that and even prayed for you. I guess I just feel the need to say something b/c it's awkward for me. You've probably seen that my family has just begun our own journey with our little golden puppy. Her name is so similar to your own sweet girl, too, though I certainly never realized that before. (My husband chose her name.)
    I hope that we have as many precious memories as you did with your Shasta. I lost my childhood dog 10 years ago just before my 1st son was born, so I know how difficult it is.

    Thinking of you and glad that someone was so thoughtful and brightened your day. You certainly deserve it. :)

    Sophisticated Steps

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh girl, I pray for your strength this week and into the future. Stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so sweet! Very thoughtful...love. Thinking of you and sweet Shasta. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how precious! I totally teared up. I have my first dog...seriously....and he is my world! Such a perfect present.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have no idea where she found that, but it's absolutely amazingly perfect!! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a thoughtful gift! So so sweet of her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top