First Impressions: Entryway Design

Over the past few weeks I've had the opportunity to work on some client e-designs.  Online designs are so much fun for me. I enjoy receiving the pictures of their current space and putting my imagination to work!
I just completed a sophisticated chic library for a client last night and can't wait to share it with you, but for today, I'm going to show you a recent entry hall design I did for Katie, from Married with a Pup. She was such a blast to work with!


She sent me these photos of her entryway:





After seeing the photos and hearing a bit about how the space needed to function, I came up with this design:
Since the entryway is like the cover to a book, first bite into a new food, first time you try on that new dress....{you get it(: } it needed have some drama. First impressions are big, people!  I suggested to paint the door black, as I think it will really take the room to the next level! A console table with storage, a shelf for coats and scarves, and a great textured rug help to pull the look together. So with Katie's input and direction, we decided to go with a modern, yet semi-traditional entry way, perfectly welcoming into each adjacent room. I think it will make a great first impression.
I love how it turned out and can't wait to see photos of the finished space!

For more information on my e-design services, please visit my e-design page at the top of my blog, or e-mail me at michaelawarner90@gmail.com
Look forward to hearing from you (:

Have a lovely Thursday!
Love,


Photobucket


PS. The winner of the Dani Notes Stationary giveaway is #69 Lili of Swanky Chic Fete


AND


The winner of the Silk Way pair of ikat pillows giveaway is #101 Mandy of
Sweet Magnolia Style


Congrats! Please email me to claim your prize (:

Photobucket

24 comments

  1. I love this entry way design, especially that mirror!!! How awesome is it?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your design ideas! (As always :)) Love the mirror (so fun!) and the table too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Im moving soon and can't wait to start decorating my new place!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I love that lamp, by the way! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving all the pieces you picked out!! can't wait to see a finished project :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great, Michaela! Love the black door and that mirror. Congratulations to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your design M! Great drama and first impression! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Lili - I'd love to see the "afters" of all your e-designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay! michaela, for the life of me i cant find your email but i think youre in my gmail acct! LOL

    thank you and i cant wait for my daninotes cards! LOVE her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely Michaela! Love the idea of a black door!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mirror! I agree the entry is such an important space in a home. First impressions are important!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh, I love the rug! Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pieces you picked out! I agree that a black door will add a lot of drama!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you, you little rockstar! You're designing all over the place! I love the color combo...subtle but it definitely makes a statement!! Xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the black inside door!! Such a dramatic effect!!
    I totally agree, first impressions into your home are most important!! Great design board!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love what you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  17. fab--love your ideas--you have such great style~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute! I really like the colored door. If I could I would paint my door but my HOA doesn't allow it. Bummer:(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Surprising, my husband's favorite thing was the black door as well (yay!) You were so great to work with and I can't wait to get started on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this, especially the mirror! Thanks for hosting such a great week of giveaways! I can't wait to see those pillows.

    Mandy

    sweetmagnoliastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your design! The black door is going to be fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top