Chic Library

A few weeks ago I had the privilege of working with the sweetest e-design client, Carolyn.  I was so excited when she emailed me telling me about her living space right off the kitchen, that she wanted to turn into a library/sitting room.
First she sent me a few pictures of her space. Here's one so you can get the feel for it:




 I was loving the fireplace wall and grand ceiling height already.
Carolyn had her eye on an amazing settee, so I knew we had to get her one within her budget for the space.  I always advise clients to spend money on major classic pieces like sofas, chairs, rugs and other statement pieces.  Always put your money toward the items you love most, because we want to fill our homes with only things we love...right?!


After we hunted down the perfect settee, it was time to find our inspiration for the room.  Carolyn and I were both smitten with this space by Alaina from Live Creating Yourself, so we knew we'd found our inspiration.


via


Next, we set up the room including her two chairs, a few new pieces and some fun accessories.


Here's the finished design plan:




I suggested we ditch the blinds on the windows flanking the fireplace and instead, add more of her flowy white drapes, purchase this chic mirrored coffee table, and throw in a punch of color...which Carolyn was totally up for! #dreamclient


I think the chic library turned out wonderfully! That settee sure was the cherry on top.  And the sprinkles on top of that cherry is the fact that Carolyn keeps me updated on her progress.  She just got done painting the room this soothing gray:




Totally pops the white fireplace, trim, and high ceilings.
Not sure about you, but I can't wait to see it all finished!


If you need help designing a space in your home, feel free to check out my e-design page or email me at michaelawarner90@gmail.com for pricing and more information.  Now's the time to book, as I start school up again in a month! During the school year I will have limited spots available.  I'd love to work with you!


Happy Monday!
Love,
Photobucket

19 comments

  1. Love the new wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun design. I like the new color. I am so behind . . . that fondue restaurant looked amazing. And how fun to be there with your bestie. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait to see the finished room! Great design M!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure have been busy! Love the room design. I know your client must be very pleased as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new color and what a beautiful design, Michaela! Can't wait to see it all complete. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour palette! Especially the pop of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! So fun to see my room on your blog :). I can't wait for everything else to get here, hopefully the finished room photos will head your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish you could come design my home one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahMAZing job! you are really talented. Love your blog!

    xoxo navy & orange
    navyandorange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michaela, the grey color is so much better than the bright blue and the blue chairs show up now as a soft complement to the grey. Can't wait to see the finished product. You are doing a great job Lov.
    Belinda at Designs by Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally loving this! The grey walls look awesome! You better share the finished look!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Things are looking great! I love your design board -- that mirrored table is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Michaela it's BEAUTIFUL! I HAVE to get your input when it's time to work on our bedroom! You do AMAZING work!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top