She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not: Design Darling

Happy Wednesday! I'm excited to have one of my favorites from blog land here today. Meet Mackenzie, of Design Darling!


When I first started my blog a year ago, Mackenzie was the first blogger I emailed in order to get some advice, as I was new to blogland.  I asked her how she gained the respect of bloggers around her, since she was the youngest blogger I had found.  She gave me some amazing advice, and I couldn't be more thrilled to have her here today! I can vouch that she really is darling, as I met her at the SF Design Blogger Meet Up. 
Her love and love-me-not list is great...take it away girl....


Hi there! I'm Mackenzie from Design Darling and I'm thrilled to be participating in Michaela's "She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not" series. Without further ado...

She Loves Me

1. Street Style

I love clothes and I love seeing how other people wear theirs. Bloggers like Anh of 9 to 5 Chic make me want to embrace color and venture outside my comfort zone of oxford shirts and skinny jeans. 

2. Chinoiserie
This chandelier is for sale in my friend Sara Kate's shop and it's all I can do to keep myself from snatching it up for my currently nonexistent first apartment. Somebody buy it so I don't!


2. Seasonal Sweets
One of my favorite things to do this summer has been frequenting the farmers market at the Ferry Building in San Francisco. So many fresh fruits and veggies!

4. Playful Pillows
I love the geometric design of this Trina Turk throw pillow.

5. Arm Parties
I'm on a mission to wear more jewelry (one of those things that just slips my mind!) and the arm party or stack trend has provided me with ample inspiration!

She Loves Me Not

1. Penny Loafers
Why, Tory Burch, why? The clunky, masculine shape of the penny loafer is one trend I will not embrace for fall.

2. Watermelon
I know, I know, everyone loves it! Anybody else hate it? No? Oh well, more for you then ;)

  3. Crop Tops
Some styles — the wrap dress, for one — are universally flattering. The crop top is universally unflattering. Maybe on the beach. Otherwise, ladies, we are better than this!

Thanks so much for having me, Michaela!

Thanks, Mackenzie! I'm so with you- I always forget to top off my outfits with jewelry. Strawberries must be my favorite summer fruit, and the Farmers Market sure has yummy ones! FYI, you will never be seeing me in a crop top. My mom {and I} would have a heart attack.

Pop over to Design Darling and say hello to my sweet friend. You're sure to find inspiring fashion and interiors. She's heading home from her summer here in San Francisco, and in search of her first job in New York City. So excited for her! (:

Have a great day!
Love,
Photobucket

PS. The winner of the Whippy Cake giveaway is #59, Lisa from
Lisa is so sweet and I'm beyond excited for her! (: Email me so I can put you in touch with the girls at Whippy Cake! 


25 comments

  1. great post :) i so agree i dont really like watermelon and PENNY LOAFERS? gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love Mackenzie's blog and am nodding in agreement with this post. I do love watermelon, but my husband can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. with you on cropped tops, soooo unflattering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate watermelon too, you're not alone, Mackenzie!! Thanks for sharing! :) Xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! I am definitely with you on all the love-nots! I dislike watermelon and crop tops will never be in my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with Mackensie about arm parties (love lots of bracelets!) and penny loafers...not buying into that trend anytime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, crop tops are not flattering what so ever!
    I'm so excited to see I won the Whippy Cake giveaway! Yay!! I never win anything lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the neon street style and the bright chandelier !!

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love farmers markets but it can be so easy to overspend on all the beautiful food!

    I would also love to hear any advice for new bloggers as I just started my own blog (http://thedistractedblogger.wordpress.com/).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Mackenzie's style. Love the Chinoiserie chandelier!

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. The TT pillow is such a great pick! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sad day not liking watermelon! but totally on board with the crop top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for all the sweet comments! Michaela, your introduction totally has me blushing ;) I'm happy to know there are other watermelon haters out there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. It seems crazy that YOU were once asking ME for advice — look at the amazing blog and brand you've built for yourself! I could not be more proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep, I'm another "non-fan" of watermelon, I'm allergic! How strange is that??? (c: But I am constantly inspired by all the fashion I see in blog land...they get me to step it up on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  20. fun post!! totally agree with crop tops - ick :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so with you on all the love me nots!! Yay! I'm not the only one who can't stand the taste of watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I STILL DIDN'T WIN?! This is getting ridiculous. ; )

    Totally love this love/not love list. I think it's my favorite of all time. Besides mine, duh. : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Who doesn't love Design Darling?! Great post!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. i agree with crop tops! not cute at all..maybe cuz I definitely dont have nice abs to show it off too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top