Not Such a Magic Carpet

Finally I'm getting around to revealing our finished family room.  Right in time, too, as our house is up on the market today! Instead of placing things in the room to feel cozy, we placed things to sell. Staging a home to sell is quite the task, but that's another whole blog post!
Today I'm showing you our family room before and after. Because we all love those (:


Before...carpet and white walls:




After...carpet is a goner and warm carmel colored walls:


We picked this color by bringing our Pottery Barn curtains to Home Depot. We brought 2 samples home of colors we thought would work, painted 3 small patches in different parts of the room {always good to test in different lights}, then chose our fave.  This color is a great match with the curtain panels.



Shasta is always the center of attention. She can't help herself (:


We're loving our new Pottery Barn Adeline rug:




Our bowl of lemons and limes add a summery and colorful touch:




Andddd...


How'd that get in there?!


Overall, we're really enjoying the carpet being gone. It worked no magic in that room. But our new rug sure does! The room looks so much larger...don'tcha think? And the color on the wall really pops the crown molding and pulls the whole look together. Hopefully the changes made will help entice buyers to make a little purchase (:


Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!
Love,
Photobucket


PS. Welcome to my newest sponsor, Just Lovely Things


Heather has the sweetest shop and blog, and if you haven't checked them out yet, you're missing out big time! She's hosting a week of summer giveaways, so go on over and see what the buzz is about (:


Shop | Blog


xo

38 comments

  1. Love before and afters! this is awesome! My Mom and Dad just did hard wood throughout! It looks so clean and makes the room brighter and bigger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love the lemons and limes on the table. cute addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW -- so pretty. great colors!!

    ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the wall colour - a pretty neutral that looks much more interesting and warm than white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great after! Now everything stands out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look lovely! It's hard saying good-bye but what a fun project. Shasta looks super stoked (c;

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looks great!! Love the new floors! Oh and love seeing Shasta all cuddled up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great little transformation! I love wood floors...but then, who doesn't? I hope the move process goes well...my fam moved my freshman year of college and I think I just got over it last summer, but that's a whole other story. :) Love you girl, way to take on all the changes going on around you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great in there! You did a great job painting : ) And I'm so excited for you guys and all that is going on for ya'll!! Love the PB rug. Speaking of, I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger and buy that PB rug we talked about today... waiting for it to go on sale could take FOREVER!

    Also, I about diiiiied over your shoot with Cristin. You should be SO proud of those photos- they're incredible, M!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wood floors make such a big difference !! Looks great.

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I just say how much I LOVE your one brick wall?! That's my dream! I may or may not have an obsession with brick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great! Love the colors! Shasta is adorable as always! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. The family room looks great -- the before and after photos really highlight the changes you made. Nice job with the styling. Loved your photo shoot from previous blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it looks amazing!! i love those beautiful floors exposed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that made such a big difference! It looks so cozy and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the hardwood and your house is going to sell so quick as you are one awesome stylist!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks so amazing love :) Well done! Love sweet Shasta too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great, Michaela. I am keeping my fingers crossed you all get a sale very quickly! My sister just got back from a week visiting old friends in your new destination!

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks great girly~ love all the touches~

    ReplyDelete
  21. are you sure you guys still want to move with that awesome room now :)

    LOVE seeing sweet shasta in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks beautiful! Love your floors and those lovely French doors opening up to the backyard. Shasta is a sweetie! How cute! Hope you get a quick sale, Michaela.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not that it looked bad before, but I love it so much more the after!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the wood floors!! Ahhh, that was the first rule we made when we started building:: NO CARPET! And do happen to know the name of the color you used to paint the room?? I absolutely LOVE that color... so warm and inviting!! Exactly what I'm looking for in our living room!! I'd love to be able to find that color and its family group down here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What great changes. I am loving that PB rug. And of course any room looks better when a doggie is in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I always love a good before and after and this didn't disappoint! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it! I think it looks great and totally gives a different look to the space!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It all looks great! I love the new floors!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful changes in your home! Love the rug! I had a Pattery Barn rug years ago and it was so comfortable underfoot! Great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks amazing!! I really really LOVE that rug...so much that I want it. When we move next year. Save it for me?! : )

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great before and after! I love hardwood floors!

    Notes She Wrote

    ReplyDelete
  32. The floors look great! Your dog is adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow looks great! Love the new floors, it does open up the room. And yes staging a home is a major project for any home.

    ReplyDelete
  34. loving the new floors!! the room look great!

    ReplyDelete
  35. A M A Z I N G! your home is soooo lovely.... cannot wait to see the updates... xx pam

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's amazing how such a simple change can make such a huge difference in a home. I definitely will need to consider this in my new home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top