To San Franny We Go

This post is WAYYY overdue...but better late than never (:

A few weeks ago we had our SF design blogger meet up and I was able to meet one of my blogging (and now real life!) BFF's, Michelle from Ten June.  The weekend following the meet up, I drove back to the city to meet up with Michelle and her adorable sister, Tori, to do some city things.  

First stop, the Farmer's Market!





Amazebuns....that's right (;

Anddd it was immediately devoured...



Next we headed to Jonathan Adler for some inspiration:



Then we took a ride around some beautiful neighborhoods. I made Michelle snap these as I was driving. 



Yes, that is one house...one house, people! 

Tori said she wanted to drive up and down Lombard street, and as their driver for the day, I took the challenge!


Why use the word challenge, you ask? Picture so much traffic on the steepest hill of your life, that you're literally laying down in your car while continuing to stop and go every 30 seconds or so. I will compare it to being on the "ch ch ch ch ch" upward part of a roller coaster.
I won't lie...my palms were sweating!
10 and 2...Just like my daddy taught me (:



I sense fear in those smiles!



View from the top of Lombard street...worth it! 




We made it down Lombard and back to the hotel safely. What a fun day in the city it was! Great friends, yummy food, beautiful houses and views, and my newfound promise to never make fun of online dating.  Why? Because bloggers establish meaningful relationships, eventually go on blates {blogger dates!} and totally hit it off. Bam. Dontcha agree??


Happy, happy Friday!
Love,
Photobucket

PS. Welcome to my newest sponsor, Ashley, from Adventures of Newlyweds!
She's spunky, loves catch-phrase and is a self-proclaimed "foodie"...hehe, aren't we all?!
Oh, she's also drop dead gorgeous.
Go say hello (:




28 comments

  1. How so awesome you guys are now real life friends thanks to blogging.

    oo farmers market..i love all those gorgeous flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. Looks like the funnest day :)
    And you are incredibly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely :) i adore all the pics- and what a great day in san fran! can i move there too?! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are beautiful! I can't wait to be there in October!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! You guys crack me up. Hope to make it back out that way soon. My cousin lives in Santa Barbara, and would love for us to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness gracious!! Pretty flowers and beautiful view! I want to visit :o)

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hate to be so UNORIGINAL. but michaela. you are GORGEOUS.

    love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like SUCH a fun day! Wish I could have stayed the weekend so I could crash in on your fun! :) Happy Friday M!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I've never been but it looks absolutely beautiful! And that market...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love all your pictures! and that view IS worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad you did the farmer's market! we must have just missed each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun girl day in the city! Gorgeous ladies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. awwwwwwww this is the best post EVER!!!!!!!!! for serious. that was one of the most fun days i've had in a long time :) minus the part where i thought we were going to die on lombard street until i realized you have ROCKSTAR driving skillz!! i miss youuuuu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. By the way, I thought the pictures I took were awesome. Considering I had no flipping clue what I was doing with your fancy camera! I should probably stop being an attorney and blogging about interior design and start my career as a world-famous photographer instead. Right? : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the pictures! Looks like a super fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, beautiful pictures!!! Looks like a fabulous time :) Have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great time. Love all the pictures! You know I have lived in San Fran for almost 3 years and still have not done Lombard street. Of course I don't have a car in the city and that would be quite a walk.

    Those buns do look good, I will have to check them out. Ferry building Farmers Market I take it? If you need any advice on places to get a sweet treat in San Fran check out my blog post about my recent bakery crawl through the city. http://thedistractedblogger.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/ode-to-starch-part-two/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh! Those flowers make me swoon. :) LOVE. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you girls are so cute! looks like you had a blast :) and that view is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh the flowers!! i can't imagine driving on those crazy hills - you are brave :)

    Sam @ fitness food & faith

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE LOVE LOVE San Francisco. I love living in the BAY and never get tired of looking at beautiful pics of it like yours! :) We hardly ever drive there though... You ARE brave of driving up there... We walked ha. It was a good work-out :)

    Annnnnd... the summer is almost gone and we haven't met in real life... And I'm only on the other side of the bay, Michaela *sad face*

    Happy weekend! :)

    xo, Ana
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like so much fun! I love all those pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh, I'm so so jealous!! I am desperately wanting to come there!! Ahhhhhhh, soon. Christmas time?!

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a fun day! Lombard street is seriously crazy..I've only driven down once..now I just walk..don't trust my driving skills enough haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun time with friends! ohhhh to live in Cali (:

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous! And you are so brave to drive in San Francisco! haha!

    PS Now I really want a cinnamon roll!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Michaela,
    I'm new to your blog and wanted to say hello! I read through a few of your posts and could not resist the Follow button! You seem like such a classy, sweet spirit. And I love that the Lord is a priority in your life; it is always refreshing to hear others speak/write about Him! :)

    I loved this SF post; my husband and I moved from SF five years ago but we were just in SF last week---I miss that place! You got some great shots of my old stomping grounds. :)

    Looking forward to reading along and getting to know you better! I hope you are having a beautiful weekend!

    Aloha,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  28. That looks so fun, those flower pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top