She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not: Emily A. Clark

I'm excited to bring you one of my favorite blogger's and mama's in blogland. Meet Emily of Emily A. Clark
Emily's blog is the first design blog I ever read and I timidly emailed her one day three summer's ago asking for blog advice. She sweetly responded and gave me the biggest boost of encouragement, which I'll always be grateful for. This stylish mom has the most beautiful 5 kids, impecable taste and a home office that I wouldn't mind residing in while working and sipping some tea :) She's here today to share her loves and love-me-nots!
***

Hi all!  I’m happy to be a guest for this fun little series.  It has made me realize how random my likes and dislikes really are :)  So, without further ado….
1. Having a big family.  Although our twins (the fourth and fifth additions to our family!) aren’t quite yet a year old, we’re already seeing how fun—and chaotic—being a a party of seven can be.  There’s never a dull moment, and it’s always entertaining to watch people in restaurants start counting heads when we come in with our crew.
  

2.  Shopping for junk.  I guess the appropriate word here would be “thrifting.”  I just like the thrill of the hunt and searching through lots of stuff to find a treasure with hidden potential.  It’s like a game.  I like flea markets, yard sales, thrift stores, my garage. . . .

emilyaclark.com

3. Stripes.  I like wearing them, and I like putting them on my walls.  I think they’re bold and classic all at the same time.


4. Judge Judy.  I’m officially publicly declaring my love for Judge Judy.  My family thinks I’m weird because I record every episode that comes on during the day (and there’s several. . . ) and watch them at night.  I find her thoroughly entertaining.  She’s tough, she’s smart, and she doesn’t have time for nonsense.  I like that.

1. Nicki Minaj.  As much as I like Judge Judy, I dislike Nicki Minaj.  I wasn’t that familiar with her before this season of American Idol (I’m old), but I find her completely annoying.  She seems so condescending to the contestants, and I don’t get the whole look.



2. Facebook.  I do have a Facebook account.  But, honestly, the way it’s taken over our world and the way we interact with each other kind of wears me out.  I mean, why would I need to know what the person I met at summer camp in 1991 had for dinner yesterday?  It’s puzzling.


3.  Texting.  I’m bad at it.  And, it stresses me out when more than a one-word answer is required.

And, I just realized that my dislikes make me sound like I’m 82. . . Oh well, it’s been fun :) 
***

Thanks, Emily! I'm right there with you on loving shopping for junk. I think my stripe obsession is a very real thing as well :)

Visit Emily A. Clark today for lots of interior and home decor inspiration!

What are YOU loving and not loving this week?
xoxo
Photobucket


21 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing another amazing designer! I love all the inspiration that I find on your blog :)

    Kendra @ openspaces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kendra! Glad you loved it! She is great ;)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful family! She really is the sweetest of bloggers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I'm not the only one who's so over facebook. Well, and not facebook so much, just how some people use it. ;-) Love you, your family, and style Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...exactly!! Some people overly use it!

      Delete
  4. Great post! and I agree on the texting and facebook, especially when it takes over people`s lives. I`m loving diet coke and victorian literature, and not loving cold weather and housework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo to cold weather and housework! I'm so glad it's warming up here :)

      Delete
  5. I gave up facebook for lent and realized I don't even really like it haha! SO agree with these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love this. Probably my favorite one ever. Her family is so cute and I totally agree about Facebook!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I LOVE Judge Judy! I even watch old episodes on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! I don't think I've ever seen an episode but maybe I should try it out!

      Delete
  8. Michaela, Thanks so much for having me. You HAVE to start watching Judge Judy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. New to your blog, and I am loving this series! How fun!
    Can't wait to explore some more...
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Emily, too! Fun to get in her head, and so nice to find you!
    xo Nancy
    Powell Brower.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love following Emily's blog and enjoyed reading her list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog via Emily's...and love this fun series! Taking some time to browse thru past posts right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just popped over by way of Emily's blog - and this was such a fun post. It got me thinking and realizing that I like / dislike a lot of the same things (although I have never seen Judge Judy before).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top