The Prettiest Mess


It's not a secret. I just really love flowers. If you take one peek at my instagram, you'll get the picture {pun intended:) } My mom has always had a knack for arranging beautiful flowers, so I'm the lucky daughter who gets to come home from school to a precious bouquet sitting on my dresser each and every time. My grandma, also an interior designer, has always kept the most beautiful garden. We have pictures of us gardening together when I was young and they're some of my favorite pictures. With my pigtail braids, mini watering can and a determined little spirit, I had my own little garden that I was responsible for at grandma's house. It doesn't stop there, though. My aunt {who's daughter just got married and through this amazing bridal shower} takes the cake for green thumbs. Her backyard is luscious and colorful, filled with old treasures from antique and consignment stores. I could live in her garden.

It is no wonder that I have been bitten by the same flower bug :) One of my new year's goals was to always keep fresh flowers in the house. What a fun goal, I know! Well, I recently styled a shoot in Santa Barbara and did all the florals myself. I got up at the bootie crack of dawn to go to the flower market here in Los Angeles. It's like my heaven on earth, other than the unkind hour of the morning you have to go to make it for the good flowers! Arms full of ranunculus, garden roses, spray roses and peonies {!!!} I was ready to go. Sitting in the middle of the newspaper and freshly cut stems and buds, I thought to myself, "This is the prettiest mess I've ever made." My mom would agree ;)

These pictures make me smile so big, because that's what my heart was doing while arranging the bouquets. I can't wait to show you more of the shoot soon, but for now here are some beautiful arrangements that Danielle captured!

*all images by Danielle Capito Photography | Flowers from Mayesh at the LA Flower Market | Turquoise chair from Elan Event Rentals

Do you like?! What's your favorite flower? Currently mine are ranunculus, peonies and garden roses.

Have a beautiful Tuesday!
xoxo
Photobucket
PS. Welcome my sponsor Ashley & Malone!
This husband and wife duo works to create beautiful and stylish websites for creative professionals. I'm so excited to be working with them in the near future to develop my very own website. Hooray! 

SHOP

51 comments

  1. That first photo is so gorgeous!! We've never really been indoor plant people, but I love the idea of having beautiful blooms in the house. I think my favourite might have to be tulips (they're my favourite to paint!) but peonies and ranunculus are gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Michaela! This is something I really need to start practicing.
    I want to see those pics of you gardening as a little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'll have to dig them out and post some soon! :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely! I definitely don't have a green thumb, but I am so impressed by people who do. I love the arrangements. My favorite flowers hands down are orchids. Lucky for me, they are pretty easy to keep alive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! You must have a green thumb if you can keep those alive. I've killed every one I've ever had! ha!

      Delete
  4. You are so talented. My mom always kept fresh flowers in our house as well. It just brings a "homey" feeling to any room! Love those arrangements :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I ADORE flowers! I just wish my budget allowed me to buy them more often.
    lovely bouquet!! What a cool opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, love the first and last one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers!! Ever since I was small I said my favorite flowers were daisies. They are just so cute and cheerful. But, now that I'm older,I still love daisies, but I've developed a new love for tulips, ranunculus and peonies. Some of the flowers you have pictures of!

    You are definitely talented! The arrangements are exquisite!

    -brittany @ vitadibella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisies are so cute and sweet. Thank you so much, Brittany!

      Delete
  8. Love these images, I think I'm in need of some fresh ones today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh totes feel you on this. There is nothing like some fresh flowers to make a house feel like a home. I'm obsessed with getting my garden going so I can grow my own. Peonies, hydrangeas, and garden roses are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, girl!! Love all those and I bet your garden is lovely!

      Delete
  10. THAT. CHAIR!

    also, what an amazing bouquet you made! You are a natural at flower recipes and pairing things together! I can't WAIT to see all the things you are going to create with your brand and business! Skys the limit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. everyrthing looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving these flower arrangements!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful! I've currently been loving ranunculas too- they are just so full and pretty.
    Can't wait to see the finished shoot!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. so pretty! i love flowers but am never home enough to justify having them. i may need to just get some for my desk at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! YES! Get some for your desk space. Always more cheery :)

      Delete
  15. Stunning photos. Flowers are always so transforming. Can change a space entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love flowers and try to get some every Friday (or at least every other Friday), so I can enjoy them during the weekend! I love the shades of pink and white on your arrangement! My favorite are peonies and tulips :)
    xo,
    Marcela
    http://tucasablogonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea!! Thanks so much, Marcela!

      Delete
  17. How beautiful are these pictures! I love all the flowers you used!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    Five Minute Style 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where are those pants from???? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these pictures so much! These flowers are TO DIE FOR!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful I just LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Michaela! Flowers brighten everything up and make the day so much better. You have such a knack at arranging flowers. Hope your shoot went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I agree :) SO much brighter. It went great. You're so sweet!

      Delete
  22. Just stunning, love your floral style! We are so excited to be working with you and of course, thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a sweet back story! And everything about this post is so beautiful! Also, we totally share the same love of flowers {and the same kinds too!}. I have been bringing in a fresh bouquet each week until I can get some of my own grown in the yard. They have a way of making any space feel happy.

    xo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are gorgeous photos! My favorite flowers are hydrangeas and tulips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This picture is absoutely beuatiful! Love that bouquet!
    XO
    http://preppyandfunny.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top