Colorful Client Living Room


Thanks for all your kind comments about our vacation photos on yesterday's post! I've been learning a lot about my camera lately, so maybe I should do a little photography post soon??

Today I'm sharing a recent client e-design with you. Helping people all over the world create spaces they love has been so fun over the past few years. When I received an email from a bubbly young girl who was moving into her first apartment, I was so excited to help her design the space. When I found out she goes to Seattle Pacific University {my alma mater!} I was even more thrilled.  We set out to dream up a colorful, functional and sophisticated space for Kristina to live and work, as well as host friends.  If there's one thing I know about Seattle, it's that you need a burst of color in your decor to balance out all the gray in the sky. I think we did just that!  This lucky girl is moving into a really cute one bedroom apartment, with an open concept living room and kitchen.  We're putting finishing touches on the rest of the apartment, but today I'm dishing on the living room. Here it is:


My client already had this Crate & Barrel sofa, so we embellished with some fun and colorful throw pillows, a funky accent chair, colorful draperies, and a perfectly balanced gallery wall.  The entry will have a refinished piece of furniture like the one shown, but Kristina is going to find the console/dresser at a consignment store and fix it up herself. I love a girl who wants to get down and DIY :)

Though I don't share specific sources of e-designs on my blog, I will tell you that if you're looking to do a gallery wall in your home, my favorite shops are this one, this one and this one here

I just can't wait to see how it turns out, and you bet I'll be sharing some of the reveal here on my blog. Keep your eyes peeled for some pretty!

Enjoy your Tuesday! Where do you shop for gallery wall finds?!
xoxo
Photobucket
*If you're interested in virtual design services, please email me at michaelawarner90{at}gmail.com for pricing and packages. I am taking on a select amount of clients this summer before increasing my e-design prices.

11 comments

  1. Ooh I love this! I'm moving soon with my boyfriend, so I have to stay away from anything too girly (like pink!). I've used Etsy and Society6 so far for prints for my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I recently redid my room (as you know though, it's an on going process!) and I added a gallery wall. I have another empty wall though, so I might get a few more prints to add to it! When I move into my own apartment, I'll definitely have to take advantage of your e-design expertise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this is going to be one gorgeous space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design Michaela. And, so special she is at your alma mater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the area rug and that yellow chair!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your photos yesterday and would love a post about what you do with your camera! Are you shooting in manual?

      Delete
  6. Super cute! Love the gallery wall and the floral pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun and feminine! Love the designs and cannot wait to see the final product!

    xo, Kylie Rae
    Shimmer Me Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so beautiful! Wish you could come to my apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES to the suggestion of a photography tips post. I have my dslr but all the photography jargon on photographer websites is overwhelming. They seem to spend 200 words explaining the technical meaning of the term, rather than just telling you how to set up the camera. I just want to take bright, clear, and sometimes blurred or softened pretty pictures haha. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top