DIY Ribbon Photo Booth Backdrop


My cousin is getting married in March and her wedding is going to be a gorgeous mix of blush pink, mercury glass, metallic finishes, luscious flowers and pretty, eclectic details. She's going to have a photo booth in one corner of the reception for guests to play around with, so we decided to create the backdrop ourselves.  With about 20 yards of various shades of pink, gray and cream ribbon, we did just that!  Here's how we did it:

Materials: Glue gun, ribbon, cord, lace,  rope or a strong pipping (to attach all your ribbon to), tape measure, and scissors.

Step 1: With your tape measure, measure how wide you want your ribbon backdrop to span. We made ours 6ft wide by 5ft long, because we figured that was large enough for a few people to fit into one photo frame.
Step 2: Cut your strips of ribbon and lace and lay them out in the pattern you want to glue them in.  I suggest this, because we realized we bought about 10 rolls of ribbon we weren't going to need-- back to the store they went!
Step 3: Wrap the top of the ribbon around the cord.  We chose a sturdy white cord typically used for trim. It's the perfect weight to hold all this ribbon.  We wanted to be able to adjust the positioning of the ribbon on the day of (in case anything needed to be fixed due to travel), so we made the ribbon wrap around the cord which enables it to be slid right or left, similar to a curtain panel on a rod. 
Step 4: Continue gluing ribbon until you reach the end of the cord.  Leave about 8 inches on either end so you can easily tie the ribbon backdrop wherever you need to attach it.  
*images by michaela noelle designs

We're so excited about how it turned out and can't wait to use it for her shower, wedding photo booth and another friend's shower in June! Always good to suck the life out of a project, right?! :)

Have you ever created your own photo booth? If so, any advice (ie. polaroids or digital?!)
Have a great Tuesday!
xoxo
Michaela


Find me:
e-mail: michaelawarner90 {at} gmail {dot} com
Follow me on TwitterFacebook, & Pinterest

PS. Welcome my sponsor Hello Monday Design
Kristen specializes in unique and effective design solutions for businesses and events. Whether it's a company logo or a website, she will work closely with you to create a design that reflects you and your vision!

44 comments

  1. Oh wow. I've never seen anything like this before.
    Thank you for the idea :) I am pinning it so I don't forget LOL
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!
    so sweet & simple...
    will def keep this is mind for future!

    xo - heather
    This Life Is Yours Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am so obsessed!! Please do this for my bridal shower one day? <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never created a photobooth, but this looks like it was done really well and it'll be really fun at the wedding and the shower. xo, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this...what a sweet idea!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE... I love it. Those colors are perfect for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the hints of lace are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always loved these but thought it would require sooo much ribbon and be costly. How much was it for all v the ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought about 40 spools and it came to $180 I think. We ended up returning a few spools at the end. If we did it again, we'd definitely collect some coupons first!

      Delete
  9. Always loved these but thought it would require sooo much ribbon and be costly. How much was it for all v the ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About $180 unfortunately! We needed to collect some coupons-- ribbon is so expensive!!

      Delete
  10. This is absolutely stunning! And would be something my future sister in law would love! Might have to make this for her shower.

    How many rolls of ribbon + lace did you end up using in total?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! Thank you! We used I think about 30 rolls total and about 10 yards of lace. Please send pics if you make one for your sister in law's shower!

      Delete
  11. So cute!! Our sweetheart table is going to be in front of a huge fireplace and this would be a PERFECT backdrop to hang across it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet and simple backdrop - could be used for so many things too! Would be fun even hanging over a white shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty! it looks so easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! This can be altered in so many ways to fit any occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you incorporated the lace. So pretty Michaela! I need to make this for my baby shower in March, would be so pretty to have behind the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...I hope you do that! It would be darling!!

      Delete
  16. i love this! i may need to just do this because it's pretty. also, if you guys have a film slr camera, try that for your photo booth. that way you can get it developed, and get digital copies as well. it is slightly expensive to get a lot developed though. (i use my film camera way too much,)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so great! I love the lace ribbon especially. It's going to make such an adorable backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this! I need to make one for photo shoots!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute! and so simple! I need to show this to my sister for my niece's birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty, Michaela! I love it! I did one for my sister-in-law's baby shower in orange/green/yellow, but I much prefer this color scheme!:) And so great that you'll get so much use out it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh pretty! I love the colors and added lacey detail! I've seen these at weddings and it's SO fun! Unless you have a dedicated person taking pictures, I recommend a digital camera on a tripod with a shutter release. Photo booth picts. are the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a good idea and it turned out so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this. Just went to a Chicago wedding with a darling photobooth. They did digital and then posted them all to their wedding website so everyone could see them. LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. really cute! May try this for my bday party later this month! How many spools of ribbon did you use? about how much $ too? I have a polaroid camera but film is SO dang expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see...I think we bought around 40 spools of ribbon-- the lady at check out was like "What on earth are you doing?!" Hehe :) We ended up returning about 10 though!

      Delete
  25. This is such a fun idea! Love the pinks and lace you used.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a simple idea but it looks so pretty and effective! You could even use this as a room divider in a little girls room or something :) Iv never had a photo booth but would love to if I ever get married!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is such a cute idea! I need to find an excuse to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a pretty idea! The lace detail is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is AMAZING!!!! I seriously need to make this for E's room!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love love this. Always thought about doing a wall of this for a girls nursery one day.... : )

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is great! Totally using it for my baby shower (that I'm helping plan since I'm obsessed with all of the ideas I'm seeing). Question...who took the pictures? I saw an app I could do with my ipad and then send them directly to the printer, but just curious if you have a better idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a great idea, should be great in all colour combinations..we've featured your pic on our Brilliant Photo Booth Backdrop post on our party inspiration website...take a peek! http://www.stylemyparty.co.uk/blog/photo-booth-backdrops/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top