Gold Striped Jars


Happy Monday, loves! Let's start the week out with some sparkle, shall we?!

 Before I left for school, I added a tiny stripe of gold to my desk area at home.  With gold being all the rage, I just couldn't resist.  Using the same gold Martha Stewart glass paint I used for the polka dot tea cup, I painted a simple stripe of gold across the middle mason jar that holds my pencils.  After two coats of the gold paint, I baked the jar in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees to secure the paint to the jar. Viola!

*all images by michaela noelle designs

Don't you love my random paint brush in the pen jar? :)
A touch of gold goes a long way, I think! What about you? Have you added gold to a spot in your home recently?

Come back tomorrow for a stunning giveaway! I'm just so excited, I could burst!
xoxo
Photobucket

16 comments

  1. Very simple and sweet Michaela! I love your simple feminine style:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have about 100 mason jars left over from our wedding.
    thx for the cute idea :)

    xo - heather
    This Life Is Yours Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. These came out adorable. I love how many great things you can do with a little Martha Stewart craft paint!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! I love the thought of using mason jars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been adding a few little gold things into my room. it all started with my gold made by girl love print. then i needed more gold to make it match since i have a lot of silver in my room. i am loving gold so much and pretty much everything on my birthday list is gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of gold. My mom got this really cool gold picture of a chandelier to put in my room but it has yet to be hung up. This, my friends, is called laziness. hahha

    ReplyDelete
  7. How on earth did you get your line so neat?! I love it. And I love the M!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking of ways to add some DIY gold to my home as of late. I love the simplicity of your striped jar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the simplicity of it!! And that "M" is stellar!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I love the M above the gold striped jar. It's kind of perfectly rustic.
    xo, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was literally JUST thinking about how much I love goldgoldgold:-) It makes me feel all shiny and happy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm SO on board with the gold trend! I actually love mixed metals in general. This is a great simple way to add those gold touches to a room. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this! so simple & so great!!! i have smatters of gold throughout our home...i can't get enough :) XO Brynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! So easy :) thanks for sharing M!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cute!! didn't you DIY that anthro M as well? I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top